Check your account email address ×

Corona Has Spared The Keweenaw Peninsula But May Kill Summer Tourism

• Platinum Contributing Member

Good article and I hope like hell that those businesses up there can make it through this summer....like most UP businesses it’s a tough go in good year so this will be a big challenge. 

https://www.bridgemi.com/business-watch/coronavirus-has-spared-keweenaw-peninsula-may-kill-summer-tourism?utm_source=Bridge+Magazine&utm_campaign=dca5c8fbd8-Bridge+Newsletter+05%2F19%2F2020&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c64a28dd5a-dca5c8fbd8-77549085

Just now, Anler said:

Alot of those places barely make it now. This is not good. 

Yep...the Isle Royale Ferry operator said they rely on full bookings  every trip just to make it.

For places up north the only bit of hope is this hit during a relatively slow period.   If the shutdown was during the peak of summer tourism it would really have an impact.

Our cabin hardly rents from end of March till June then is booked solid (not yet this year) until September.   Bookings are starting to pick up just in the past week. 

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good article and I hope like hell that those businesses up there can make it through this summer....like most UP businesses it’s a tough go in good year so this will be a big challenge. 

https://www.bridgemi.com/business-watch/coronavirus-has-spared-keweenaw-peninsula-may-kill-summer-tourism?utm_source=Bridge+Magazine&utm_campaign=dca5c8fbd8-Bridge+Newsletter+05%2F19%2F2020&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c64a28dd5a-dca5c8fbd8-77549085

If businesses fail it’s on people like you that supported the shelter in place fear mongering lock downs that didn’t prevent one death. 50% of all deaths in Michigan come from nursing homes that Whitmer forced people infected with covid19 into. This also happened in New York Illinois California New Jersey and Massachusetts. All run by democrat twats. I don’t see you railing against that. 

take your I hope these places can make it and shove it up your fat ass!!!!

29 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

If businesses fail it’s on people like you that supported the shelter in place fear mongering lock downs that didn’t prevent one death. 50% of all deaths in Michigan come from nursing homes that Whitmer forced people infected with covid19 into. This also happened in New York Illinois California New Jersey and Massachusetts. All run by democrat twats. I don’t see you railing against that. 

take your I hope these places can make it and shove it up your fat ass!!!!

I thought you had me on ignore? :lmao:
Oh...one more thing.....

EE522D37-3BE1-4806-A680-2EA1A52D01D2.gif.2a3ca9d3fb165b10f46c107cc4006457.gif

Edited by Jimmy Snacks