Higher

Politics

Trump Approval Rating Hits All-Time High in New Gallup Poll

4b386150-d7c7-11e8-a57f-15e0861288ee
Zachary Evans
National ReviewMay 1, 2020
7,913 Comments

3c678fbc0c810331a1ce9f98403b42ac

President Trump’s approval rating hit an all-time high in a Gallup survey released on Friday, with 49 percent of respondents approving of his performance versus 47 percent disapproving.

The results continue a wide swing in polling for Trump, who garnered a 43 percent approval rating two weeks ago.

“Most of the variation in Trump’s recent job approval rating is among independents,” Gallup said. “In the current poll, 47% of independents approve of the job he is doing as president, the highest Gallup has measured for the group to date. 93% of Republicans and 8% of Democrats approve of the job Trump is doing.”

However, RealClearPolitics polling averages place the president at 44.3 percent approval versus 50.6 percent disapproval as of Friday. Averages of general election polls give Trump 42.1 percent to Joe Biden’s 47.4 percent.

Last week officials including Trump-campaign manager Brad Parscale, adviser Jared Kushner, and Republican National Committee chairwoman Ronna McDaniel presented the president with internal campaign polls showing him falling behind Biden in key swing states, the Washington Post reported. Advisers showed Trump the polls as part of an effort to convince him to stop or scale back his presence in the daily White House coronavirus briefings.

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Trump is a disgusting piece of shit and a massive failure as a leader. Simple as that

Still better than our other option back then....and guess what...he is going to win again unless Sniffer Joe manages to get Jesus as his VP running mate,  or Trump gets COVID and dies.  We all knew he was a dick to start with, but he still won.

P.S.  Feel free to sign your stimulus check over to team Biden

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

Trump is a disgusting piece of shit and a massive failure as a leader. Simple as that

I disagree. Take a look, again, at our Moron in charge up here then get back to me. :news:

3 hours ago, irv said:

I disagree. Take a look, again, at our Moron in charge up here then get back to me. :news:

Trudeau is as bad or worse....that doesn’t make Trump good