Check your account email address ×

Apache Heritage/Star Speed Record Key West to Havana

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Doos said:

When an outboard engine can cost more than a new half ton, prices get out of hand. 

Think the merc 450 is like $65g's or more.:thumbsdown:

Edited by Highmark

57 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Think the merc 450 is like $65g's or more.:thumbsdown:

There is a boat here named Spooled Up. There are several boats with this same theme but they are all very different.  I think they are all built by MTI. The twin inboard version and the quad outboard version play on the lake regularly. 

Anyway. Last year the quad Merc center console  MTI had four 400hp Merc Racing outboards. Last week I noticed that he refit the boat with new Merc Racing 450’s. 

Hahaha. $250k for about 200 more HP. Some people have way too much money. LOL. 

B580A34B-6642-44BE-9DA1-75835CBCF64B.jpeg

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

Well, Im only assuming its the same boat as last year. Maybe they are 2 different MTI 42’ center consoles painted the same.  

There are several boats painted up in the Spooled Up theme. There are 3 here in Havasu. A DCB M44 wide body with Merc Racing Dual Cal 1550’s. The 42’ MTI Center Console with 4 outboards. And a Play Craft Pontoon with twin 400 merc Verados. 

38 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

There is a boat here named Spooled Up. There are several boats with this same theme but they are all very different.  I think they are all built by MTI. The twin inboard version and the quad outboard version play on the lake regularly. 

Anyway. Last year the quad Merc center console  MTI had four 400hp Merc Racing outboards. Last week I noticed that he refit the boat with new Merc Racing 450’s. 

Hahaha. $250k for about 200 more HP. Some people have way too much money. LOL. 

B580A34B-6642-44BE-9DA1-75835CBCF64B.jpeg

Yeah, it's big money, and EASY money. Somebody who has worked hard for the money, won't spend it on a boat like that. At least I don't think they would. 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yeah, it's big money, and EASY money. Somebody who has worked hard for the money, won't spend it on a boat like that. At least I don't think they would. 

This 42’ Fountain is for sale locally. I think he is asking around $50k for it. It was cool back in the day. 

F99A11E2-D1EA-4D7F-8993-BDAB0EB8E547.jpeg

DF493020-1EC1-49F9-B44A-35824F708B53.jpeg

152001C9-6593-413A-BD14-39AC75ADAB39.jpeg

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

This 42’ Fountain is for sale locally. I think he is asking around $50k for it. It was cool back in the day. 

F99A11E2-D1EA-4D7F-8993-BDAB0EB8E547.jpeg

DF493020-1EC1-49F9-B44A-35824F708B53.jpeg

152001C9-6593-413A-BD14-39AC75ADAB39.jpeg

Looks like it might be a 42' with the race fairing, or he took the windshield off. I don't think it's a 35. 

For 50Gs, if it's in good shape, that would be a good buy. 

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

So at the place I worked years ago we had the very first Fountain. The first boat was called an exsacutioner and was actually designed by Gary Gilbreath who used to run OMC performance division. Gary was the brains behind the things that made Fountain great like the vent pad bottom and the nose on the bow that is the signature of the brand. 

Ya' know, I was doing yard work today, and sayin' to myself, " how the fuck did Fountain know how to build and rig a boat like that? ". 

I guess we now know how. 

5 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Looks like it might be a 42' with the race fairing, or he took the windshield off. I don't think it's a 35. 

For 50Gs, if it's in good shape, that would be a good buy. 

Its definitely a 42. Its for sale on Facebook Marketplace. I thought it was $50 or $55k. I could be wrong. I will look again. 

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Its definitely a 42. Its for sale on Facebook Marketplace. I thought it was $50 or $55k. I could be wrong. I will look again. 

Yeah, 50Gs is doable, if it's in good shape. 

I'm willing to bet there are some basic-powered Fountains out there right now, in beautiful shape, that can be low-balled on. 

Now's the time to pick one up. Somebody losing their business/job, will want the cash...……...boats are first to go!!!!

On 4/27/2020 at 7:22 PM, Carlos Danger said:

I was a young teen in the early 80s going to the Miami boat show looking at all of the boats.  Some kids collected baseball cards and knew the starting line up of every team, I on the other hand collected boat brochures and knew of every guy to run a race boat.   I had a misspent childhood.   I actually did ask for 5 gallons of Fiberglass resin for Christmas one year.

I have an original Apache jean jacket from the early 90's in mint shape. Was going to list it on Ebay but my daughter snaked it and plans to wear it. I have no idea why.

13 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

So at the place I worked years ago we had the very first Fountain. The first boat was called an exsacutioner and was actually designed by Gary Gilbreath who used to run OMC performance division. Gary was the brains behind the things that made Fountain great like the vent pad bottom and the nose on the bow that is the signature of the brand. 

offshore marine?

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Most of the Fountains are getting long in the tooth. Most had the bags beat out of them and are full of stress cracks and need paint. They were all over in New England 20 years ago. Rarely see them now. Buddy bought a new 42 yrs back for fishing and after a few seasons fire saled it full of issues. Motor mounts and top deck full of cracks. Cool boats back then tho.

20 minutes ago, s pump said:

U ain't buying shit

Maybe a canoe perhaps? :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Who the fuck are you to say, I ain't buyin' shit!!!   STFU!! 

STFUppy, you can't even afford to buy a rubber ducky.:lmao:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Maybe a canoe perhaps? :lmao:

STFUppy, you can't even afford to buy a rubber ducky.:lmao:

Why you smarmy bastids, you have no idea who you're messin' with!!!    BASTAGES!!!!!   :wrong:

6 minutes ago, s pump said:

U been talking about buying a boat for 10 years. You ain't buyin shit.

STFU.  

HA!HA!HA!  :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Guest

29 minutes ago, s pump said:

No, really. What are you waiting for? Go get a boat ya cheap fuck.

You lost enough in the stock market to buy a 50 footer. 

the only thing he lost is $1 when it fell out of his pocket sucking trucker cock,  he has no money in fidelity is if he did he'd prove his net worth

:news:  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, s pump said:

Most of the Fountains are getting long in the tooth. Most had the bags beat out of them and are full of stress cracks and need paint. They were all over in New England 20 years ago. Rarely see them now. Buddy bought a new 42 yrs back for fishing and after a few seasons fire saled it full of issues. Motor mounts and top deck full of cracks. Cool boats back then tho.

That's because fountains became consumer boats and he chased Top speed so they lightened them up to do so. Which makes them weak and soggy. The Apaches never did. heavy old bastards they are but cracking and delamination not an issue.

1 hour ago, s pump said:

No, really. What are you waiting for? Go get a boat ya cheap fuck.

You lost enough in the stock market to buy a 50 footer. 

WTF!!! How did you know how much I lost!!!!