Check your account email address ×

There's a thriving population of radioactive animals that have taken over the abandoned Chernobyl exclusion zone,

Interesting article for sure. I wonder about the mutations. It would be interesting to see how these bigger animals have mutated. 

On another note. I dont think the author knows the difference between a moose an elk or a deer. Every animal they called an elk is a moose and the one elk they pictured they called it a deer.  I find it interesting that an author like this is so wrong about the animals they write about. 

These are moose. 

8B88BEF1-9D31-4A93-ADB8-106A5F3FE967.png

Edited by AKIQPilot

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, irv said:

Lots of fires or one big forest fire currently raging in that area close to the plant.

https://news.yahoo.com/fires-near-chernobyl-pose-no-175144622.html

How many are surprised all these animals don't have 3 heads and 6 legs? Be honest. 

I'm sure you thought that would be the outcome.  The job of going in and killing dogs would have been shitty. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Interesting article for sure. I wonder about the mutations. It would be interesting to see how these bigger animals have mutated. 

On another note. I dont think the author knows the difference between a moose an elk or a deer. Every animal they called an elk is a moose and the one elk they pictured they called it a deer.  I find it interesting that an author like this is so wrong about the animals they write about. 

These are moose. 

8B88BEF1-9D31-4A93-ADB8-106A5F3FE967.png

The caribou mutated into moose

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, irv said:

Lots of fires or one big forest fire currently raging in that area close to the plant.

https://news.yahoo.com/fires-near-chernobyl-pose-no-175144622.html

How many are surprised all these animals don't have 3 heads and 6 legs? Be honest. 

That's what I always heard would happen with high levels of radiation .. . In this case, it sounds like mostly just pigment changes in some species.

Pretty interesting stuff

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm sure you thought that would be the outcome.  The job of going in and killing dogs would have been shitty. 

Nope, but I have an unfair advantage in being trained/told the truth from the get go.

I was curious on people's thoughts since this is what they are told by the media and in movies, etc. Nuclear bad, Chernobyl, Nuclear bomb, Hiroshima, mutations, etc.

Obviously one has to be careful and respect it but it is not as dangerous as what we are told it is. I'll never forget my old neighbor who I caught throwing out his smoke detectors because he heard on the news they were radioactive. True, they are, but the level is so low and so isolated that you'd have to lay your head directly on it for 100 yrs for it to do anything to you. I told him the truth/facts and asked him what he'd rather have, a completely harmless radioactive source in his house or a possibly dead family? He quickly changed his, of course.

If you watched that movie, Planet of Humans, that JT posted, you wouldn't have heard anything about Nuclear energy and all that is due to fear mongering and untruths about Nuclear power. The bottom line is it is very safe and one of the least polluting available forms of energy on the planet but there isn't as much money in it as there are in green energy and oil and gas like you see in that documentary. 

38 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

That's what I always heard would happen with high levels of radiation .. . In this case, it sounds like mostly just pigment changes in some species.

Pretty interesting stuff

High levels will just kill you as we were shown in the Mini series, Chernobyl. Not saying slightly less amounts than that level won't do you harm or is good for you, but I think a lot of what we are told about it is just fabrication and fear mongering for the most part.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I remember that from the HBO series and agree.  I guess it was better than letting them suffer from the effects of the radiation that we got to see those firemen go through, fuuuuck what a terrible way to go.  

• Like 1