Check your account email address ×

How will Trump policies affect trade?

21 hours ago, racer254 said:

What do your state laws say about that?  And why do you need the epa to tell you NOT to do this?

Industry has been dumping their waste into our waterways for 2 hundred years. That's why we have the EPA. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Tariffs need to be pro rated, ranked on where the goods come from. China may warrant the highest tariff.

Agree, based on size of economy and trade balance with said partner.   What I was saying in my posts.

Fair trade is not taking 100% of the shit they make then them putting unrealistic expectations on our goods.   This is especially true with agricultural products.

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Industry has been dumping their waste into our waterways for 2 hundred years. That's why we have the EPA. 

That's fine, maybe the EPA should only be allowed to regulated industry, but they don't.  They regulate individuals as well.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

That's fine, maybe the EPA should only be allowed to regulated industry, but they don't.  They regulate individuals as well.

Well their job is to protect the environment silly...

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

You mean like those muscle cars that are fetching 10 times what they cost new?

Because there are only 3 left out of the 10's of thousands made. Cars in the 70's were shit.

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I know of a few companies where that happened.  More of a co-venture on manufacturing and then a fall out.  For the most part, they only want the Chinese market since that is where the major growth and sales are, the USA and others are not really that important.

That's part of the point. The US market was once the biggest market in the world. But there are 7 billion on the globe now. If the middle east decide trade with China and Russia is better for them than dealing with Trump. If Europe decides they'd concentrate on India, China and the middle east. That's a huge trading block that may find they don't give a shit about us. Specially since we already taught China and India all of our trade secrets.

15 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

I had forgotten how dumb racer is.

I didn't vote for clinton.   BTW, when people are scratching to feed their families, they really put those priorities first over climate change or the EPA

Your constant berating of the opposing viewpoint is what is causing your side to continuously become irrelevant to the lower and middle class of workers.

So, we have the EPA, State Laws, and the DNR all to protect our environment?  Seems overkill to me.

Edited by racer254