• Barbers
  • Body art studios
  • Nail care artists
  • Cosmetologists
  • Hair designers
  • Aestheticians and their respective schools
  • Massage therapists

April 27. Restaurants, social clubs. 

All correct except the social clubs. Bars, night clubs, concert venues, etc are not opening. 

On top of that each of those places will have to meet strict new guidelines before they can reopen. 

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

All correct except the social clubs. Bars, night clubs, concert venues, etc are not opening. 

On top of that each of those places will have to meet strict new guidelines before they can reopen. 

Sure. :lol: 

• Advertising Member
28 minutes ago, frenchy said:

buddy had scheduled heart surgery on weekend said hospital was dead. Like eerily quiet no one in there whatsoever. 

I have a few family members that are nurses. Local hospitals aren't even remotely full, probably not even at 50%.  Like you said very quiet. 

3 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

I have a few family members that are nurses. Local hospitals aren't even remotely full, probably not even at 50%.  Like you said very quiet. 

Hip resurfacing is still scheduled for June. Hope it doesn’t get put off 

• Advertising Member
48 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Hip resurfacing is still scheduled for June. Hope it doesn’t get put off 

I hope so too for your sake.  My BIL just had a baby last week and said it was a ghost town.  He wasn't allowed to leave at first, and then they relaxed that 1 day in....crazy.  I think you'll be good.

Just now, Seatofmypants said:

I hope so too for your sake.  My BIL just had a baby last week and said it was a ghost town.  He wasn't allowed to leave at first, and then they relaxed that 1 day in....crazy.  I think you'll be good.

I have my final consultation at the end of May. Then I start making a plan for recovery. Never had surgery. Not looking forward to it. 

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I have my final consultation at the end of May. Then I start making a plan for recovery. Never had surgery. Not looking forward to it. 

My wife was scheduled for hip surgery in June. Planned it for the last 2 years. Its now on hold indefinitely. 

AK has 9 CV related deaths. All 9, old sick people. 

Good luck with your hip surgery. My wife has never had surgery before either. She seems to be taking it all in stride so to speak. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Are you aware of the businesses that are reopening? 

i was surprised at the businesses that are being opened early.  Gyms are already a bit of a germ cesspool. Hard to get any closer to someone than massage therapists and hairdressers and the rest.   I would think you would be better saying to companies bring back 25% of your staff into these office buildings,  by having people working the other businesses that support them will start opening.  then 2 weeks later add another 25%.  Companies can work to keep them distanced in the meanwhile and do some basic precautions.  

I was talking with the manager of the restaurant across from my office yesterday and they are hearing that when they are allowed to reopen the restrictions as to #of people is going to be tight.  They have stayed open because same company owns the Residence Inn next door which has a fair number of rooms taken.