Check your account email address ×

Friday Fails

On 4/23/2020 at 1:04 PM, Rigid1 said:

You see they put it on sale today, almost 1k off..$2099

I was going to order one this morning and realized it is a 27.5 bike.  For some reason I was thinking it was a 29er.  Want to be able to hit trees at shit that much faster.

Now I'm going to have to think about it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I was going to order one this morning and realized it is a 27.5 bike.  For some reason I was thinking it was a 29er.  Want to be able to hit trees at shit that much faster.

Now I'm going to have to think about it.

:lol:

10 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

:lol:

Found a Yeti SB4.5 frame, bottom bracket, seat post, and shock for $1200.  It is a 29er bike, but will need wheels, and entire drivetrain, and a front fork and cockpit.

$1200.  I'm tempted as it is a $6500 retail bike.  

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Found a Yeti SB4.5 frame, bottom bracket, seat post, and shock for $1200.  It is a 29er bike, but will need wheels, and entire drivetrain, and a front fork and cockpit.

LOL....I remember going into the bike shop to get mine.  I had little idea of cost, The first bike he showed me (after a bunch of fucking questions that started to irritate me) was like $1500.  I read the tag wrong and commented how cheap I thought it was (thought it said $150...cuz no fucking way it was $1500!!!). He then moved me up the line and I didn’t read those tags wrong...WTF!!!  I walked out with the cheapest TREK they had I think.  Was like $600 IIRC.  So, I paid $200 a ride!  Yay!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL....I remember going into the bike shop to get mine.  I had little idea of cost, The first bike he showed me (after a bunch of fucking questions that started to irritate me) was like $1500.  I read the tag wrong and commented how cheap I thought it was (thought it said $150...cuz no fucking way it was $1500!!!). He then moved me up the line and I didn’t read those tags wrong...WTF!!!  I walked out with the cheapest TREK they had I think.  Was like $600 IIRC.  So, I paid $200 a ride!  Yay!

The prices have gotten just stupid, my one buddy who rides a lot usually has around 40k in bikes in his basement..Just stupid money, you can buy a 2020 yz450f for less than his downhill bike cost..

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Do it

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The prices have gotten just stupid, my one buddy who rides a lot usually has around 40k in bikes in his basement..Just stupid money, you can buy a 2020 yz450f for less than his downhill bike cost..

Yeah, I need to clean mine up and Craigslist it.  That’s 10 year old mud still on it!  Probably going to bring it into the bike shop and let them work it over.  They’ll probably make me an offer on it.

I got the bikes out on Sat and it started off a little wobbly and was alright by the first corner. We ended up at a friends cottage and after 8 beers and trying to ride it home I knew why the fkn thing had been sitting for 20 years. 

20200425_132409.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Looks horny in da blue.  No, I have not bought it, yet.  

93259209_3443342249029198_25327295142329

Mmmmmm, that's dope...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 10:39 PM, racinfarmer said:

Just sucks that I'd have 5 into it before it would ride again.  

Just picked up a set of XT hydro's for my daughter's DJ bike for a hundy..:good:

IMG_20200514_192322531.jpg

• Like 1

Was going to buy one.

Then wasn't.

Now I want to buy one again but they aren't $2100 anymore...

Plus the Yeti frame sold. 

Damnit.