Check your account email address ×

All you’re square bodies belong to me.

10 hours ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

We put it in after. It was an original 351. 460 came out of a Lincoln.  It wasnt anywhere near stock.  If we go down this path , my 70 gremlin x had a 401 4sp from a javelin lol

460’s made at least 200 hp

1 hour ago, ACE said:

460’s made at least 200 hp

You can make HP with anything if you want to spend the time and money.   460 was never a performance motor .  For dragging big heavy shit down the road. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

It was the torque I was after. Had some huge ass tires on it and it was used mainly for mudding and crawling 

Perfect for that. We put a 427 tall deck out of a C60 truck in this Chevy pickup I had. Low rpm/hi torque. 6 inch lift, 40” Gumbo monster mudders. Unstoppable.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Perfect for that. We put a 427 tall deck out of a C60 truck in this Chevy pickup I had. Low rpm/hi torque. 6 inch lift, 40” Gumbo monster mudders. Unstoppable.

Exactly why we swapped in the 460 lol

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 4/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, Cold War said:

:stirthepot:

C2CD6A94-14D7-4FE6-92F0-370BBDDD8485.jpeg

That is sweet. My uncle had a factory nut and bolt restored '67 that cam from Texas. He had multiple cars but the truck was his baby. I tried to buy it but he wouldn't budge off $33k and I wanted it for $25k. He got Dementia, lost his license and sold it for $24k in a matter of weeks. Damn it was pretty.

My '78 Flareside has been safetied and cleaned up so I can put it on the road once I get plates. I'm debating motor options for the future but my buddy got the 302 running decent for now so I'll drive it for a bit and see. I'd like to go 351W with an AOD and 411 gears.

For now I want to get the stance right. Probably 2-3 inches down in the front and 4 out back then some wheels.

You leaving it stock height?

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That is sweet. My uncle had a factory nut and bolt restored '67 that cam from Texas. He had multiple cars but the truck was his baby. I tried to buy it but he wouldn't budge off $33k and I wanted it for $25k. He got Dementia, lost his license and sold it for $24k in a matter of weeks. Damn it was pretty.

My '78 Flareside has been safetied and cleaned up so I can put it on the road once I get plates. I'm debating motor options for the future but my buddy got the 302 running decent for now so I'll drive it for a bit and see. I'd like to go 351W with an AOD and 411 gears.

For now I want to get the stance right. Probably 2-3 inches down in the front and 4 out back then some wheels.

You leaving it stock height?

Cool. Post up some pics when you get it on-the road. 
Right now,  I’m addressing some rust issues and then we will go from there.  Needs a cab floor,  fender apron,  partial bed floor.  Spent most of its life in Georgia, good solid truck, but it was never a Sunday driver .  Someone was using it as a work truck. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

19C60395-078F-4062-81F0-5A3FF64D8441.thumb.jpeg.c94322e64f02d7d36a73e6771a8b9ded.jpeg

Stuck some cheap tires on some old rims my buddy had sitting around. Bought a seat from an early 90’s F150 but it still hasn’t come back from the appolstery shop. Plugs, wires, filters, some brake lines , header gaskets and some other small pieces.

Got my safety, just need to go get plates and she can come home.

Need to remove those running boards, good lord those are ugly.

Hopefully run it like this for a bit before she gets stripped down for bodywork and paint.

• Like 1