Check your account email address ×

CDC covid19 deaths will be much lower then predicted

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Breitbart.com/Health

:lol: 

The CDC director said this yesterday.   Some of you peoples ability at deciphering opinion from fact is really fucking bad. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-director-downplays-coronavirus-models-death-toll-lower/story?id=70011918

One of the nation’s top public health officials suggested Monday that because Americans are taking social distancing recommendations “to heart,” the death toll from the novel coronavirus will be “much, much, much lower” than models have projected.

“If we just social distance, we will see this virus and this outbreak basically decline, decline, decline. And I think that's what you're seeing,” said Robert Redfield, the Director of the Centers for Disease Control.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

We haven't peaked in even 1 city in the US yet. How can the CDC be so sure about this. 

My guess is they are basing this on how it's slowed in other countries

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We haven't peaked in even 1 city in the US yet. How can the CDC be so sure about this. 

Answer is they likely can't anymore than they can be sure 200K to 2 million American's will die as some other models suggest.

Not unlike climate change models are only as good as the data they input.   Early models for the nation were built on data from NY, NJ and Conn.   Hardly the same as the entire country will see. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Answer is they likely can't anymore than they can be sure 200K to 2 million American's will die as some other models suggest.

Not unlike climate change models are only as good as the data they input.   Early models for the nation were built on data from NY, NJ and Conn.   Hardly the same as the entire country will see. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one drawing this similar analogy at this point.  "Experts predict....."