Check your account email address ×

Express you’re jealouseness

We got some snow out in the Edmonton area the last couple of days as well. Nothing like you guys but a little.

So I decided to take my sled for a rip around the fields close to home before dinner two days ago as they have been sitting for 3 weeks full of fuel.

There is still a ton of snow on the edge of the fields and in the trees but getting pretty thin everywhere else.

20200331_175929.jpg

20200331_175732.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately the ride above had a little more excitement than expected. I was trying to climb up a hill that was really icy with my 2" paddle track and it didn't go so well. I locked the brake, got off the sled and by hand was trying to drag the front end down hill. Well the back end started to slide, caught some snow and tipped it. Thankfully those ridiculously tall risers stopped my sled from doing a full barrel roll.

I called the wife who was at home making dinner and told her I would be late lmao.

I called her back in 5ish mins and told here to start her sled and bring me some ratchet straps because if I continued on my current path, I would be replacing parts for next season.

So she shows up a few mins later and with some ratchet straps connected to a stump, I was able to winch my sled back over.

So much for a quick ride before dinner lmao.

20200331_180701.jpg

20200331_184356.jpg

20200331_180658.jpg

20200331_184354.jpg

20200331_184351.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Lol wow that sucks 

Lol. It was alright. I got lucky. Nothing got broken. Just an inconvenience and a sore body for the last couple of days lol

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Murica!

No photo description available.

Ok, where are you getting this from?  You got me a little excited, especially since trails are closed by me and my trail signs are out as of yesterday.

Well, you must be teasing, our temperature highs are in the 50s and may hit 60 for the weekend.

Edited by racer254

12 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

We are.  I'm staying home today. Almost died on way home yesterday lol. Fuck that noise 

Roads are just terrible here. But we got a 1/2” of rain and then a foot of snow 

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Roads are just terrible here. But we got a 1/2” of rain and then a foot of snow 

Same here. It was a skating rink on way to work yesterday.  Then a blizzard on way home . Snow is just stopping here , looks like almost a foot or so.