Check your account email address ×

Amazon Worker Fired After Staging Walkout Over Company’s Handling Of Coronavirus Risk

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Even more so idiot.:lol:

You honestly think people will be fighting to get a job at a grocery store during a pandemic? 

:lol:

What makes you think they'll make it across the picket line alive?

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

My geography is irrelevant. 

Capitalists are only interested in stealing as much labor value as possible. They aren't nearly far sighted enough to anticipate that their shitty treatment of their employees will lead to wildcat strikes and walkouts.

Your experience in how big cities run is irrelevant.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Obviously not or people wouldn't be walking out

Please give me a list of companies that have closed in the last week,because all of the employees walked out.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You honestly think people will be fighting to get a job at a grocery store during a pandemic? 

Picket line?  Holy fuck we have a winner.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Your experience in how big cities run is irrelevant.

He needs the big city to fund his community.

Please give me a list of companies that have closed in the last week,because all of the employees walked out.

It's just starting to become obvious to employees how their employers see them. Come talk to me in a month.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You can’t have a picket line right now,it’s illegal.:lol:

Just now, motonoggin said:

It's just starting to become obvious to employees how their employers see them. Come talk to me in a month.

So you have nothing. You are basing your entire argument on some guy named Smalls,walking out of a Amazon? You can’t make this shit up.:lmao:

• Haha 1

So you have nothing. You are basing your entire argument on some guy named Smalls,walking out of a Amazon? You can’t make this shit up.:lmao:

Amazon protected him from himself.

• Thanks 1

It may not even be voluntary walkouts that choke the supply chain, it could be community spread throughout these essential workplaces that does it for them. Not taking every precaution possible to safeguard their employees' health will force their hands.

Just now, motonoggin said:

It may not even be voluntary walkouts that choke the supply chain, it could be community spread throughout these essential workplaces that does it for them. Not taking every precaution possible to safeguard their employees' health will force their hands.

What exactly is the pot sweatshop doing to safeguard its employees that others are not doing?

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Amazon protected him from himself.

I will give you a example of how things are shut down around here. The company I work for did 22 million in service work last year. A bit more in project work. I just got off the phone with the office. Not one service call came in yesterday? Of course some of that has to do with the weather. It’s still 40deg here. Only about half of the guys are working. Most of our customers don’t want venders in their buildings,to keep their employees safe. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

My geography is irrelevant. 

Capitalists are only interested in stealing as much labor value as possible. They aren't nearly far sighted enough to anticipate that their shitty treatment of their employees will lead to wildcat strikes and walkouts.

Is your company operating thru the pandemic for the good of the company, the good of the owners the good of the employee's or all three?

I mean with the govt checks and unemployment its tough to say for the good of the worker.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

What exactly is the pot sweatshop doing to safeguard its employees that others are not doing?

We've split our staff in half and we work alternate days. Everyone wears masks. We have hand sanitizer stations near all common doors. Our custodian staff fogs and sterilizes the building daily. We've begun staggering employee arrival and departure times to limit the amount of people interacting while coming or going and on breaks/lunch.

Basically this is just a step up of some of the biosecurity measures we implemented when we first started production last year.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I’ve been getting PDF safety files sent to me all weekend from the evil corporate America that says you are wrong. 

C7182A95-394B-4C06-931D-4DD1096FFF7D.png

5835DCEB-BF7F-4E62-A79D-4E779D5D35AE.png