Check your account email address ×

New York governor to out-of-state health care workers: "Come help us, please"

Gov. Andrew Cuomo urged health care workers from other states to join the fight against coronavirus in New York state.

"As governor of New York, I am asking health care professionals across the country: If you don't have a health care crisis in your community, please come help us in New York now," he said.

Cuomo said the state's health care workers need help and relief now — and he promised they'd "return the favor" if coronavirus outbreaks hit other states next.

"If you are not busy, come help us, please. We'll return the favor," he said. "The New York way is to be helpful."

Watch the moment:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hopefully there are enough tests available where those people won't have to self quarantine for 14 days when they return.   Shouldn't 2 negative tests in 24 hrs let them resume work back home?   If they have to quarantine for 14 days like anyone else leaving the state its a risky proposition.  

Edited by Highmark

Cuomo stated today that he's not running for president, because he was just accused by Trump of

running.

I still think Cuomo might get drafted by the dems. Wait and see,if Cuomo pulls New York out of this

holocaust, it will be a Tsunami drafting him...………..and he'll have to accept. 

Biden is failing, and the dems know it.

Just my .02c.    

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

JT and Buss think this is a media and government driven narrative and people that believe it are stooges. 

And you continually say trump is doing nothing. 

Doctor... heal thyself. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

JT and Buss think this is a media and government driven narrative and people that believe it are stooges. 

People say a lot of things when they aren’t being immediately affected by something. 

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

And you continually say trump is doing nothing. 

Doctor... heal thyself. 

Actually I have been praising him lately as I think he has finally grasped the severity of the situation and Mike Pence has been a steadying force.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Actually I have been praising him lately as I think he has finally grasped the severity of the situation and Mike Pence has been a steadying force.

Pence has looked more Presidential than any candidate (including Trump) during this whole thing.   That man has a very good demeanor and way of communicating. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pence has looked more Presidential than any candidate (including Trump) during this whole thing.   That man has a very good demeanor and way of communicating. 

I was critical when he was put in charge but you nailed it. 

51 minutes ago, Highmark said:

He still has that creepy Christian thing, but he towers over trump with credibility, integrity, and character. Trump has never impressed me as a man that’s secure. Just too noisy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Has NY tapped all their resources yet? As in dr's and nurses who would finish up this semester being put into action ect.?

I would guess yes, and the one's who havn't yet contracted this crap themselves are heavily taxed both physically and mentally.  

I don't think Cuomo is out of line here, they've gotta need man power big time.

From what i've seen in my days, though, the NY way is not the helpful way. :lol: Except for upstate of course.

• Haha 1