Check your account email address ×

Inside Look...Elmhurst Hospital

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Wasted time by the POTUS, telling the base all is good and it's hoax.

It’s exciting to be here, especially at this time, to be able to be unified with our community,” Pelosi said on Feb. 24. “We want to be vigilant about what is out there in other places. We want to be careful about how we deal with it, but we do want to say to people ‘Come to Chinatown, here we are — we're, again, careful, safe — and come join us.'”

7 hours ago, Cold War said:

Wife said a couple nurses walked off the job. No one knows what is going on.  Complete chaos .  No one knows what they are doing. 

Oh man. Not good. Your wife and family are in our prayers daily bud. I cant imagine what you guys are going through. Its easy to sit back and tell you how to be and what to do but your wifes health and the health of your family is #1. Your wife has enough work right where she is. If they demand she go to another hospital she might want to stand her ground. They wont fire her, they need her more now than ever. If it gets crazy she should just stay home and close to you and the kids. 

This shit is real and your best friend is on the front line. Stick up for her. She needs to know you have her back if she decides to resist. 

You and your family are in my prayers daily. I know it sounds corny but we have been facing this reality together for the better part of a month. Dont let them ship her off to another hospital closer to danger.   It would be one thing if they could provide for her safety. They cant, there is no way she should go. 

Be Selfish. Your family needs to be selfish right now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh man. Not good. Your wife and family are in our prayers daily bud. I cant imagine what you guys are going through. Its easy to sit back and tell you how to be and what to do but your wifes health and the health of your family is #1. Your wife has enough work right where she is. If they demand she go to another hospital she might want to stand her ground. They wont fire her, they need her more now than ever. If it gets crazy she should just stay home and close to you and the kids. 

This shit is real and your best friend is on the front line. Stick up for her. She needs to know you have her back if she decides to resist. 

You and your family are in my prayers daily. I know it sounds corny but we have been facing this reality together for the better part of a month. Dont let them ship her off to another hospital closer to danger.   It would be one thing if they could provide for her safety. They cant, there is no way she should go. 

Be Selfish. Your family needs to be selfish right now. 

Really nice of you to say and means a lot more than you probably think, right now. I don't want to come off like I'm fishing for attention, or I'm an expert on what's going on.  Just sharing my experience.  

Sunday was a  flurry of calls back in forth from management and other co workers. Her department has slowed to a few cases a week.  So they were saying, we are going to re position all of you, or you will put on furlough.  First it was downtown,  which no one is going to do. Then, they came back with keeping everyone in house. Then, came back and said everything is off the table.  Yesterday, she worked the door, screening cancer patients and others before they could come  into the hospital.  Still not sure what is going to happen, but we talked about it last night,  no way is she going downtown, not working tents or drive up screening.  

My wife is in a bad spot  because she holds a position, she could no longer have due to her lack of degree . She knows the O R from ground up and learned on the job and is grandfathered in.  It is always a point of contention with some there and brought up if they think she is making too much noise.  So that adds another layer, if she takes a leave will they try and lock her out in retaliation?  Stressful times for everyone. I just hope it peaks this week and starts getting better for all of us.  

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers...……...sorry about rambling post. :bc: 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

and in the blame to go around there was this gem

Some inexplicably called it racism. In a Feb. 5 tweet, Democrat and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said “the premature travel ban to and from China by the administration is just an excuse to further his ongoing war against immigrants.”

and of course at that point Europe decided they best not also do the right this as asked by the us

You're trying to equate comments a Senator made regarding the China travel ban to the President telling you it was a hoax and that he had it under control.......do you have any idea how stupid that is?

I'm guessing that you don't.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You're trying to equate comments a Senator made regarding the China travel ban to the President telling you it was a hoax and that he had it under control.......do you have any idea how stupid that is?

I assure you he has no idea. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Some people are trying to blame all this on Trump all while they have operated like business as usual for the past month. Do you realize how stupid these people are?  

I’m guessing that you don't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Some people are trying to blame all this on Trump all while they have operated like business as usual for the past month. Do you realize how stupid these people are?  

IMG_5265.thumb.JPG.7c1e665bbbaeca96b119d9ce665e507f.JPG

Population centers will be bad.   U of I hospitals and clinics in Iowa City has complete wings shut down and dark trying to prep for something that might not happen.   Employee's wife works there and they sent her home and said we will call you if we need you.   She is a ER nurse. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's like Vince and his beloved Democrats offended and crying when Trump said, "grab em by the pussy". Yet, their hero Bill Clinton was literally doing that very thing  while president. :lmao:The desperation of the Dumbs these past few years is just unreal.

14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

let's see 1 person was attempting to do something to contain this issue and attempting to get other countries to follow sure.  and another was playing there usual bull shit games attempting to make those needed actions look petty . and again other world leaders did not want to be put in  chucks race category .

but yeah you stick with people lime your hero Chuck who was more than willing to play his little  games 

19 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

19 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

let's see 1 person was attempting to do something to contain this issue and attempting to get other countries to follow sure.  and another was playing there usual bull shit games attempting to make those needed actions look petty . and again other world leaders did not want to be put in  chucks race category .

but yeah you stick with people lime your hero Chuck who was more than willing to play his little  games 

Trump said he had this under control, Trump said it was hoax, Trump besides the travel ban fucked off this crisis for several valuable weeks, now if you two can't see or understand that was valuable time lost in the Civid-19 fight I do not know what to tell you.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Trump said he had this under control, Trump said it was hoax, Trump besides the travel ban fucked off this crisis for several valuable weeks, now if you two can't see or understand that was valuable time lost in the Civid-19 fight I do not know what to tell you.

Wednesday morning TDS.  

Days that end in “Y”.