Check your account email address ×

This shit is moving into the burbs.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Maryland, Virginia and Indiana will see spikes in the number of infected and deaths in the coming days. 

The trend lines are disturbing. 

How do we infect 100% of Canada?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Maryland, Virginia and Indiana will see spikes in the number of infected and deaths in the coming days. 

The trend lines are disturbing. 

Oakland County is part of Suburban Detroit and very affluent....they are getting nailed.

• Sad 1

My area has kept it contained to 19. 4 were from community spread and the rest travel. 1 person died and an unknown amount went to icu. I think it was 4. That’s pretty good considering the amount of time it’s been here. We’ve worked really hard to keep it out of the nursing homes and so far the approach has been successful. Our area got on this thing right away. I think that it actually helped that the infection came early to this area. I’d like to think the man who died didn’t die in vain. It gave us the needed wake up call. There was a lot of floundering in the beginning as to how to deal with visitors to healthcare facilities. Right now there’s a system that came through trial and error. The cdc has been here since the first case. They’ve been excellent with necessary support and direction. We are getting it done. Most of the medical staff are using tele-psychiatry and tele-medicine. Clients are liking it. Wisconsin’s dept of health has come through with the necessary mandates and billing codes for the delivery of phone and video delivered medicine. That was important to keep revenue streams open for clinics and hospitals. It’s been really stressful for managers and staff, but it’s getting done. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

My area has kept it contained to 19. 4 were from community spread and the rest travel. 1 person died and an unknown amount went to icu. I think it was 4. That’s pretty good considering the amount of time it’s been here. We’ve worked really hard to keep it out of the nursing homes and so far the approach has been successful. Our area got on this thing right away. I think that it actually helped that the infection came early to this area. I’d like to think the man who died didn’t die in vain. It gave us the needed wake up call. There was a lot of floundering in the beginning as to how to deal with visitors to healthcare facilities. Right now there’s a system that came through trial and error. The cdc has been here since the first case. They’ve been excellent with necessary support and direction. We are getting it done. Most of the medical staff are using tele-psychiatry and tele-medicine. Clients are liking it. Wisconsin’s dept of health has come through with the necessary mandates and billing codes for the delivery of phone and video delivered medicine. That was important to keep revenue streams open for clinics and hospitals. It’s been really stressful for managers and staff, but it’s getting done. 

That's very good to hear. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Great news Greg. Hopefully you guys can keep this villain at bay. 

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

20 min NW of GR

Deaths went from 60 on Thursday to 92 yesterday. Most in Detroit area, but W Mich is trending up fast. 

A friend of mine is a mail carrier here and he said he is seeing a lot of Illinois plates....hopefully GR keeps a lid on it as best they can.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Florida is seeing a spike too. When this gets into the retirement communities its going to get crazy. 

Florida is going to get hammered hard. My neighbor across the street is a retired sheriff. He and his wife are both snow birds. They came back from Florida last week. That was early for the two of them. I haven’t had a chance to chat, but I’m guessing they came back early due to cv. The house next door to them sold while they were gone. I watched  this morning from my living room window as he was pointing out neighborhood etiquette to the new people. He did the same thing with me. :lol: 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Florida is going to get hammered hard. My neighbor across the street is a retired sheriff. He and his wife are both snow birds. They came back from Florida last week. That was early for the two of them. I haven’t had a chance to chat, but I’m guessing they came back early due to cv. The house next door to them sold while they were gone. I watched  this morning from my living room window as he was pointing out neighborhood etiquette to the new people. He did the same thing with me. :lol: 

Hahaha. Post back his thoughts once you get a chance to chat. 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's just a cold you'll be fine

More worried about older family members. Although any person can't be sure if they will be one of the unlucky ones.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A friend of mine is a mail carrier here and he said he is seeing a lot of Illinois plates....hopefully GR keeps a lid on it as best they can.

It should slow some w the stay at home. Many companies are running tho, & skirting the "essential" line. Couple that w the grocery stores, Menards & Walmart types open ...going to be a fair amount spread still.

lol some of the so called essential biz crack me up.  locally a landscape supply store .stone countertop shop/fabricator .tbe local cbd store . some places like Napa are open but over the phone only and they bring shit to your car and put on trunk or bed . that I get 

my pharmacy is same phone only and you call them when there and they will drop it in you passenger window 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

6000 new cases and 125 new deaths in New York and the day is only half over. 

I cant imagine what its like to be a health care worker right now. 

They interviewed an ER doctor from NYC on a news program. He said this is the absolute worst cold season he’s ever seen. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They interviewed an ER doctor from NYC on a news program. He said this is the absolute worst cold season he’s ever seen. 

We need a half dozen ER docs from these big cities to put together a PSA to inform the public how bad this really is and to reinforce the social distancing requirement. 

People hate politicians telling us what to do. Maybe a few HC professionals can get the message across a little better. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We need a half dozen ER docs from these big cities to put together a PSA to inform the public how bad this really is and to reinforce the social distancing requirement. 

People hate politicians telling us what to do. Maybe a few HC professionals can get the message across a little better. 

I've seen a lot of doctors and nurses saying just that but it doesn't matter....JT lives  right in/near Michigans hotspot and continues to downplay and say stupid shit. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I've seen a lot of doctors and nurses saying just that but it doesn't matter....JT lives  right in/near Michigans hotspot and continues to downplay and say stupid shit. 

Jt and sludgy live sheltered lives. There’s always going to be outliers and weirdos like that.