Check your account email address ×

Some of you need to watch Gov. Cuomo's presser today.

• Platinum Contributing Member

It was very clear on who is coming into the hospital, who is needed ICU care and who is dying.   The vast, vast majority is elderly with pre-existing conditions.  

I'm not being critical of how America has reacted.   I'm simply stating he made it very clear the deadliness of this illness is a very specific group.

He stated multiple times 80% or more infected need zero treatment and barely feel sick.  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It was very clear on who is coming into the hospital, who is needed ICU care and who is dying.   The vast, vast majority is elderly with pre-existing conditions.  

I'm not being critical of how America has reacted.   I'm simply stating he made it very clear the deadliness of this illness is a very specific group.

He stated multiple times 80% or more infected need zero treatment and barely feel sick.  

So?

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So the Chinese killed a bunch of our elderly & remaining WWII vets - it's all good then?

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Yes. There’s millions of oldies available to clog up hospitals and consume health care monies for months. 

Not saying this should have been handled differently and I get scaring kids into participating in social distancing and isolation however I don't agree with perpetuating a false fear in our youth.   All I'm saying.  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not saying this should have been handled differently and I get scaring kids into participating in social distancing and isolation however I don't agree with perpetuating a false fear in our youth.   All I'm saying.  

You miss the contagious issue. Young people may not be sick enough to be a death number but they do carry it to others. Scaring kids? False fear? Really

36 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Exception, this is Americuh. Home of the obscenely obese and sick. Its not just elderly who are going to get fucked up. 

Just now, Anler said:

Exception, this is Americuh. Home of the obscenely obese and sick. Its not just elderly who are going to get fucked up. 

Just repeating what he was stating.   Vastly impacting elderly with other conditions over others.   He broke it down well.   Its worth a watch.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Just repeating what he was stating.   Vastly impacting elderly with other conditions.   He broke it down well.   Its worth a watch.  

Sure it makes sense but there are a lot of very unhealthy people in this country who are not elderly. 

Just now, Anler said:

Sure it makes sense but there are a lot of very unhealthy people in this country who are not elderly. 

Yes and its too late to focus on quarantining just them.   That ship has sailed however, that needs to be looked at as a possible solution on the next one. 

The pre-existing condition list of who this is deadly for was pretty specific that was shown on the news last night and it was mainly the elderly with those conditions.

Nobody is saying a few young people aren't going to die but the numbers will be EXTREMELY low.   Likely less than 500.