Check your account email address ×

End federal taxes for yr instead of the bailout Pros and Cons?

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

If you're not working for more than the last 6 months it was not caused by COVID19.  This would prevent more layoffs.

Ok put down the crack pipe, the booze or the pills and take a break for a while, you are making less sense than usual.

24 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Ok put down the crack pipe, the booze or the pills and take a break for a while, you are making less sense than usual.

It is the best idea yet, but no one would get that 1200 dollar pay day.  Oh no.  It amazes me the ballers here that are always thinking about those people who won't be effected, yet they really are worried about that 1200 dollars.

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It is the best idea yet, but no one would get that 1200 dollar pay day.  Oh no.  It amazes me the ballers here that are always thinking about those people who won't be effected, yet they really are worried about that 1200 dollars.

No, it's the dumbest idea yet, it would do nothing to help the immediate problem, and we have an immediate problem.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No, it's the dumbest idea yet, it would do nothing to help the immediate problem, and we have an immediate problem.

It would only allow businesses to keep more of their money and in turn lay off less people.  Wait, you would rather add  $13,000+ to every taxpayer's bill in the US for that 1200 dollar baller check.  The idea is the only correct way to fix the issue, reduce fraud and stop big corp and businesses from getting another bailout.  Something everyone seems to be against, but can't figure out how to stop it.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

It would only allow businesses to keep more of their money and in turn lay off less people.  Wait, you would rather add  $13,000+ to every taxpayer's bill in the US for that 1200 dollar baller check.  The idea is the only correct way to fix the issue, reduce fraud and stop big corp and businesses from getting another bailout.  Something everyone seems to be against, but can't figure out how to stop it.

Jesus you have not even a clue, their businesses are shut down, that means there is no one working. If you aren't working because your company is shut down they are not paying you and they are not paying taxes because they have no taxable income.

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Jesus you have not even a clue, their businesses are shut down, that means there is no one working. If you aren't working because your company is shut down they are not paying you and they are not paying taxes because they have no taxable income.

LMAO.....I tried.

11 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

WHO IS SHUT DOWN?  Everyone I know is either working from home or actually going in.  All the restaurants and bars have curbside pickup.  Can you just name one business that you know of that is closed.  Grocery stores are actually HIRING right now.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

WHO IS SHUT DOWN?  Everyone I know is either working from home or actually going in.  All the restaurants and bars have curbside pickup.  Can you just name one business that you know of that is closed.  Grocery stores are actually HIRING right now.

Better call your doc for a corona check.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, racer254 said:

Federal income tax is withheld from unemployment benefits at a flat rate of 10%

You can choose to pay or not pay. When I used to collect over the winter I never had them taken out. 

And your original post made it sound like you wanted to give them no tax instead of no UI.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

yeah nothing to see here :lol: 

unemployment_skyrocket.jpg?itok=oVqmlC_Y

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Yes Hamlin motor sports, every restaurant is curbside only, if still open no waitresses working or at best 1 or 2, the bicycle shop, the three coffee houses, jewelers , antique shops, furniture stores, clothing stores, and gift shops, to name a few.

12 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes Hamlin motor sports, every restaurant is curbside only, if still open no waitresses working or at best 1 or 2, the bicycle shop, the three coffee houses, jewelers , antique shops, furniture stores, clothing stores, and gift shops, to name a few.

And those workers are most likely signing up for UI.  And when they do go back to work, they could be getting more on their paycheck and the businesses will have more as well if they didn't have to pay fed taxes.  It's a great concept and wouldn't require a bailout. 

Just now, racer254 said:

And those workers are most likely signing up for UI.  And when they do go back to work, they could be getting more on their paycheck and the businesses will have more as well if they didn't have to pay fed taxes.  It's a great concept and wouldn't require a bailout. 

It is a concept, but not a great one or even  realistic or good one.

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

And hopefully give the economy a bump at local levels.

I'm quite sure it will, there is a lot of talk of buying gift cards from local businesses to help them get back on their feet.