Check your account email address ×

Wow, WTF Gov Whitmer?

• Platinum Contributing Member

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

She's a stupid cunt. Hopefully a 1 termer.

I asked that in this thread that was already started by XCR. I assumed that from the video I posted.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

This is pretty crazy. Whitmer knows whats about to come crashing into her state. Why would she restrict the use of something that has shown such promising results?  

Makes zero sense....our elected leaders are failing us at every level...SMH.

• Like 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

This is pretty crazy. Whitmer knows whats about to come crashing into her state. Why would she restrict the use of something that has shown such promising results?  

That is why I asked if she was a Trump hater trying to figure out if that was her ultimate reason? Wasn't it Trump who was also trying to push this medicine but was quickly shot down about it? I believe a lot of politics are behind what we are seeing/hearing, but I'm not 100%.

1 minute ago, irv said:

That is why I asked if she was a Trump hater trying to figure out if that was her ultimate reason? Wasn't it Trump who was also trying to push this medicine but was quickly shot down about it? I believe a lot of politics are behind what we are seeing/hearing, but I'm not 100%.

It cant have anything to do with her dislike for Trump. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

It cant have anything to do with her dislike for Trump. 

I'm not so sure anymore, Tom? I see politics constantly when there's talk on the news about this virus. It's sickening, imo, that all sides can't get along in a situation like this and at least work somewhat together.

I still need to know more about her before I am conclusive but, IIRC, she is a Dem who isn't well liked by many who hates Trump?

That is really messed up.....what is the harm of trying these for off label use for at least a last resort.?...crazy...

.I beleive they are using them in some cases in our state.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You calling anyone else a stupid cunt is beyond comical

You seem to be taking this virus very seriously. It hit close to home quite early for you.  Im glad you were able to distance yourself from potential carriers ASAP. 

What do you think of people who act like this is a big joke? Nothing more than a common cold or seasonal flu?  Those blowing off social distancing like its a joke?

Edited by AKIQPilot

21 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

All of a sudden people are all up in arms about bureaucrats getting between them and their doctor...

Thats priceless from a UHC supporter.   Absolutely priceless.

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You seem to be taking this virus very seriously. It hit close to home quite early for you.  Im glad you were able to distance yourself from potential carriers ASAP. 

What do you think of people who act like this is a big joke? Nothing more than a common cold or seasonal flu?  

Everything is pretty much shut down around here.  We are only going out as needed. Since being home from work last week Wednesday, I've only been to Meijers once, Kroger once, Sam's for gas 2x. Up to Mecosta to pick up a set of F150 wheels (only had contact with 1 person). Meat market once. Auto parts store 2x. Costco for gas once. CVS once. 

It's very contagious and hits those with underlying conditions harder than others than the flu does. 

However, according to China the recovery numbers are promising. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Everything is pretty much shut down around here.  We are only going out as needed. Since being home from what rk last week Wednesday, I've only been to Meijers once, Kroger once, Sam's for gas 2x. Up to Mecosta to pick up a set of F150 wheels. Meat market once. Auto parts store 2x. Costco for gas once. CVS once. 

It's very contagious and hits those with underlying conditions harder than others than the flu does. 

Thats it?   :lmao:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Everything is pretty much shut down around here.  We are only going out as needed. Since being home from work last week Wednesday, I've only been to Meijers once, Kroger once, Sam's for gas 2x. Up to Mecosta to pick up a set of F150 wheels (only had contact with 1 person). Meat market once. Auto parts store 2x. Costco for gas once. CVS once. 

Lol, way to stay home dude.

:lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, motonoggin said:

No, that coming from someone who prefers private overpriced insurance is priceless...

:lmao:

34 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

There's more to the story Tom, read the letter the State of Michigan sent out. There have been reports across the country of doctors hoarding drugs for themselves and family members.

STATE OF MICHIGAN        DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS LANSING  

GRETCHEN WHITMER GOVERNOR                                                 ORLENE HAWKS DIRECTOR

March 24, 2020

TO: Licensed Prescribers & Dispensers RE: Reminder of Appropriate Prescribing and Dispensing Dear Licensed Prescribers and Dispensers: The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has received multiple allegations of Michigan physicians inappropriately prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to themselves, family, friends, and/or coworkers without a legitimate medical purpose.

Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.

Michigan pharmacists may see an increased volume of prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine and should take special care to evaluate the prescriptions’ legitimacy. Pursuant to Michigan Administrative Code, R 338.490(2), a pharmacist shall not fill a prescription if the pharmacist believes the prescription will be used for other than legitimate medical purposes or if the prescription could cause harm to a patient. It is also important to be mindful that licensed health professionals are required to report inappropriate prescribing practices. LARA appreciates all licensed health professionals for their service and cooperation in assuring compliance in acting responsibly while continuing to provide the best possible care for Michigan’s citizens during this unprecedented and very challenging time. To stay up to date on the latest information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic please go

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Reminder_of_Appropriate_Prescribing_and_Dispensing_3-24-2020_684869_7.pdf

33 minutes ago, irv said:

I'm not so sure anymore, Tom? I see politics constantly when there's talk on the news about this virus. It's sickening, imo, that all sides can't get along in a situation like this and at least work somewhat together.

I still need to know more about her before I am conclusive but, IIRC, she is a Dem who isn't well liked by many who hates Trump?

Look at my previous post in this topic :news:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Thats it?   :lmao:

I'm not working. And restaurants, bars, etc have been closed except for carry out only for a while now.  We've only been on "stay in place order" for a couple of days.  Where else should I have been going? 

Since stay in place has been in effect, I've only been to auto parts store 2x , Costco for gas , and Sam's for gas.  Only 2 people I came in contact with were the 2 guys at auto parts store.  And we were more than 6' apart. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There's more to the story Tom, read the letter the State of Michigan sent out. There have been reports across the country of doctors hoarding drugs for themselves and family members.

Ahhh...the devil is in the details.