Check your account email address ×

*good news* science shows that the Chinese virus is significantly less lethal than we think

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What gets me is this virus seems pretty simple to stamp out if people just followed easy protocols.

4 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Yes.

But all some people want to talk about is hospitals being overloaded.

DUMB AS FUCK

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What gets me is this virus seems pretty simple to stamp out if people just followed easy protocols.

Right.   Just like the stupid toilet paper . Buy only what you need and there is no shortage,  people have created this by being selfish.  

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Is social distancing that difficult cause it's the only thing that will work.

Looking at daily numbers when we know why they are growing is pointless.

You are exactly right and the reason hospitals are overloaded is because people won't do the simple things...my comment was not directed at you whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

There was a shortage.

In Australia. 

Why?   I’m assuming stores were well stocked. What would cause every store to run out?  Here it was purely over buying what one would normally buy. 

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Right.   Just like the stupid toilet paper . Buy only what you need and there is no shortage,  people have created this by being selfish.  

It sickens me to watch that.  It seems like people are following protocol around here at least, but we did get the march breakers back so the cases were expected to increase.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shit is bad and getting worse in SE Michigan.... 

So heart breaking. That young lady is risking her life daily trying to help people make it through this. 

She is the same basic age as my RN SIL in downstate Illinois.  

This is only the beginning. Every American will be touched by this virus in one way or the other. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shit is bad and getting worse in SE Michigan.... 

First three overflow patients came from Beaumont today.  No one at her work thought it would get like this either.    

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

First three overflow patients came from Beaumont today.  No one at her work thought it would get like this either.    

Damn...

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Oh man. This is very close to home for you. Stay safe and healthy bud. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jtssrx said:

One works at St Johns Oakland the other two work at troy beaumont. They are being very proactive but no panic and no worry. All three said this is no different  than when they are busy with a active Flu season. Both St Johns snd Beaumont are huge health systems 

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

@jtssrx

The biggest outbreak in Ontario is only 20 min from here. The nursing home had 3 that tested positive and sofar 2 others have died and 45 others are infected and in a small community it's gonna get worse. This is an area with alot of seniors and cottagers so it's definately gonna spread