Check your account email address ×

What percentage of the country do you think is still working?

We took a drive thru a town yesterday for a looksee to check it out. The bank, drug store, liquor/ beer stores were open as well as the gas stations. Most of the small businesses were closed and had notes in the doors/windows. The hardware/lumber store"s parking lot was busy and I thought WTF but the wife said the doors are closed and phone in orders only and they'll bring it out. 

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

60%

Neal

This is probably very accurate.  Weird for one of your posts!  :lol: :stirthepot:

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I really only see bars, restaurants and salons not working around here.

Plenty open around here and no waiting....for those not scared to leave their pillow.

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Impressive. 

Is this as high as you had hoped?  Wait...it’s going to go even higher!

HIP, HIP.......

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

This is probably very accurate.  Weird for one of your posts!  :lol: :stirthepot:

Plenty open around here and no waiting....for those not scared to leave their pillow.

Is this as high as you had hoped?  Wait...it’s going to go even higher!

HIP, HIP.......

I just don't see the impacted industries making up 40% of who was working before this.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I just don't see the impacted industries making up 40% of who was working before this.  

I was more referring to Americans working in general.  Totally forgot about the Wuuuhan!

$20 says most of the people that will continue to suffer and need monetary assistance from this virus, long after it passes, will be the ones that weren’t working before it became a “thing”.

”CPSTD” (Corona)

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

I was more referring to Americans working in general.  Totally forgot about the Wuuuhan!

$20 says most of the people that will continue to suffer and need monetary assistance from this virus, long after it passes, will be the ones that weren’t working before it became a “thing”.

”CPSTD” (Corona)

I was talking about the % of people losing jobs because of this.   The 100% being people who were working 3 weeks ago.