Check your account email address ×

Not the first time.

I talked to my sister yesterday. She’s older by 18 years. She told me about the polio epidemic from her childhood. She remembers very much the same going on then as what’s going on now. When the season would arrive the pools, movie theaters, and restaurants would close. My sister wasn’t so fortunate. She contracted polio despite the precautions my parents took. My conversation with her opened my eyes to something I never knew about. I asked her why she never talked about the isolation policies of the “50’s. She said that she didn’t think it was a big deal. Hmmm

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I remember Polio quite well, the Saux vaccine was produced which ended it pretty much World wide..I had 2 female cousins who got Polio and several friends too.

I remember polio well there were many kids confined to wheelchairs or braces for life. We were inoculated against it in the first through third grades.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Anyone ever see news about polio being used to cure cancer. Unlike other shit, cancer has something in it that shuts off the body's immune system for it. Polio in studies made the immune system work. 

Havnt heard anything new for quite a while. Guessing it was a flop.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

I remember Polio quite well, the Saux vaccine was produced which ended it pretty much World wide..I had 2 female cousins who got Polio and several friends too.

My sister was in braces for months. She’s struggled with severe curvature of the spine ever since recovery from it. It was bad shit.  

• Sad 1