Check your account email address ×

SCOTUS Nominations

Had a long talk with the woman last night about this. What could be the biggest calming effect Trump could do to show he is not another "politician"? If he nominates a moderate, he could do a lot to help repair his image. Someone obviously right leaning is going to be chosen, but if they are not radical and moderate on most issues, it would do a lot in my opinion. Someone much like Garland is to the left. Show he is willing to play ball and look out for the country as a whole. I would be impressed. I think there is pretty good reason to think he would. The guy was socially liberal (or moderate depending on who you talk to) up until the election. She even went as far as saying if he nominated Garland or someone similar, she would be on board with him. Though she is also the type of liberal who believes Trump deserves a clean slate until proven otherwise, and that can't be said about many on the left. 

What do you guys think? Is he going to go off into radical social right land, or choose someone moderate? 

If he does choose a moderate, does that change your opinion on Trump or give those of you on the left some hope that it may not be the apocalypse? 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I don't think it matters.  The SC has been politicized beyond repair.  What they did to Garland was autrocious and flat out wrong.  But like I've said many times - never underestimate the stupidity of the American people.  I actually hope he nominates a Scalia or Thomas and many important issues get overturned.  Take progress away......and then let's witness the reaction.  

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I don't think it matters.  The SC has been politicized beyond repair.  What they did to Garland was autrocious and flat out wrong.  But like I've said many times - never underestimate the stupidity of the American people.  I actually hope he nominates a Scalia or Thomas and many important issues get overturned.  Take progress away......and then let's witness the reaction.  

So your answer is continue the divisive path we are down instead of making repairs? You are saying you would be upset if he put someone like Garland in? I agree, what was done to Garland was wrong. 

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So your answer is continue the divisive path we are down instead of making repairs? You are saying you would be upset if he put someone like Garland in? I agree, what was done to Garland was wrong. 

7 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You basically are saying you want to see the country fail. That is disgraceful. 

Take a look at his list.....and tell me who his Garland candidate is.  I admire your wishful thinking - and if it did happen - I'd be pleasantly surprised.....but let's be realistic.....he needs the fractured R's to coalesce around something....and the nominee is,the easiest one they can all agree on.  

Edited by SnowRider

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How about someone who has a reputation of showing zero bias when it comes to the law?

How about you STFU and aquatint yourself with reality. :thumb:

14 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Had a long talk with the woman last night about this. What could be the biggest calming effect Trump could do to show he is not another "politician"? If he nominates a moderate, he could do a lot to help repair his image. Someone obviously right leaning is going to be chosen, but if they are not radical and moderate on most issues, it would do a lot in my opinion. Someone much like Garland is to the left. Show he is willing to play ball and look out for the country as a whole. I would be impressed. I think there is pretty good reason to think he would. The guy was socially liberal (or moderate depending on who you talk to) up until the election. She even went as far as saying if he nominated Garland or someone similar, she would be on board with him. Though she is also the type of liberal who believes Trump deserves a clean slate until proven otherwise, and that can't be said about many on the left. 

What do you guys think? Is he going to go off into radical social right land, or choose someone moderate? 

If he does choose a moderate, does that change your opinion on Trump or give those of you on the left some hope that it may not be the apocalypse? 

I think his administration will all lean moderately right (or left..depending on the angle 9_9 ).  If there is one hard right winger...it's for appearances to please some of the whack-jobs.  The people have spoken and the R's have the nation again...but they weren't voted in based on their past agendas or attitudes so, they need to understand and appreciate why they have been given this opportunity...because let's face it, they hardly earned it along the way...they left Trump out there to fight the good fight all by himself like weasonous traitors.  And Trump is thanking them for it now...it only helped.  Again...wake up R's!

As for the SCOTUS, I'd say a moderate or even left leaning female would do perfectly.

Your last question, well....looking at the last few days posts, they are hoping for immediate failure and the apocalypse.  But, maybe one of their "intellectually elite" can chime in.  You pick which one.  :lol:

Edited by Zambroski

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Take s look at his list.....and tell me who his Garland candidate is.  I admire your wishful thinking - and if it did happen - I'd be pleasantly surprised.....but let's be realistic.....he needs the fractured R's to coalesce around something....and the nominee is,the easiest one they can all agree on.  

Again, that was his list as candidate. He needs to show that strong Evangelical Nut Bag front, and to be honest it worked pretty well for him based off the simple fact he got elected. I would be very happy and impressed to see a good moderate be thrown out. Could really do a lot for the fears in this country. 

7 minutes ago, bussman said:

Picturing President Trump intoducing his new justice....

"I present to you.........the honorable.....Lying Ted"

:lol: 

I'd fucking vomit if he nominated that retard... 

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

As for the SCOTUS, I'd say a moderate or even left leaning female would do perfectly.

Moderate female or hispanic and he would be a genius. Would build so much political capital. 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I'd fucking vomit if he nominated that retard... 

Moderate female or hispanic and he would be a genius. Would build so much political capital. 

Well, since the white, educated, male got him elected......

Since when has he been worried about political capital.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, since the white, educated, male got him elected, why a female hispanic?

Rebuilds trust, shows a willingness to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN for all people, and it would just be smart to not push the Dems away because of petty politics. 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

It's time you :gtyof: with the rest of the butthurt pussies :thumb:

You are obviously the one who is hurt here. You claim to be humble right now after your chickypoo lost but you were not even close to humble leading up to the election. You were / are one arrogant fuck

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Rebuilds trust, shows a willingness to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN for all people, and it would just be smart to not push the Dems away because of petty politics

That is NOT how he won this election.  Just sayin. 

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You are obviously the one who is hurt here. You claim to be humble right now after your chickypoo lost but you were not even close to humble leading up to the election. You were / are one arrogant fuck

Ask me if I care what you think... :lmao: