Check your account email address ×

let those trucks roll

fmcsa suspends hours of service rule. this will wind the libs up. the large trucking co up here hauls some to a grocery chain of stores. this weekend they had 25 extra loads. its like xmass and turkey day combined and then some 

• Like 1

The wife likes watching Hwy to Hell lol. I'm glad I'm done with all the bs log books,inspections, weather and the new breed of idiots on the road let alone dealing with the the dummies in vehicles that think you can stop on a dime.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The wife likes watching Hwy to Hell lol. I'm glad I'm done with all the bs log books,inspections, weather and the new breed of idiots on the road let alone dealing with the the dummies in vehicles that think you can stop on a dime.

That’s a good show.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It's just amazing how bad some of the wrecks are on that show. 

It really is and even more amazing who they are letting drive big rigs. 

58 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I wish I never started driving, I'm tired of all the bs and looking for a new career! 

3 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

I wish I never started driving, I'm tired of all the bs and looking for a new career! 

I thought it was a great idea 50yrs ago. I started driving a gravel truck for the old man then started running hwy (own truck) and got tired of it, sold my unit and started driving for a company and the last 20yrs hauled steel till I retired.

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

I thought it was a great idea 50yrs ago. I started driving a gravel truck for the old man then started running hwy (own truck) and got tired of it, sold my unit and started driving for a company and the last 20yrs hauled steel till I retired.

I started hauling gasoline 7 years ago, first year was ok, now I'm tired of idiots, 14 hour days, working every weekend for 7 years, getting up at 230am, medical card bs, and I've had 4 major surgeries in the last 3.5 years, so time to take better care of my health. 

• Like 1

we were in bc a few yrs back. coming down a long grade. a couple miles at the least. the log trucks were doing 25 mph doing everything right. when we get to the bottom there are crash signs up. a big truck laying on its side the top of the trailer broke open. he was hauling truck tires. they were every where

On 3/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, ManOnManOral said:

The way most already drive this move will kill more people than the virus. Unintended consequences. 

have you seen freight rates go up where you run? they are up on the east coast

On 3/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, Dieselgeek said:

I started hauling gasoline 7 years ago, first year was ok, now I'm tired of idiots, 14 hour days, working every weekend for 7 years, getting up at 230am, medical card bs, and I've had 4 major surgeries in the last 3.5 years, so time to take better care of my health. 

shit I have been in a truck for 30 years, 20 hauling petroleum products, it's getting old but wouldn't do anything else despite the changes

7 hours ago, snowstorm said:

have you seen freight rates go up where you run? they are up on the east coast

Open board spot rates are up slightly in canada, and it is very busy for all right now. However this will drop off very soon once the hoarding slows and the manufacturing supply chain becomes strangled. Rates will taper off as will volumes of freight. Most likely this will kill off many of the small carriers that are poorly managed. IMO this will be good. Here in Canada we have a lot of shitty carriers that need to go away.