Check your account email address ×

Brocket 99

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Is there anywhere to buy an original recording?

Holy fuck.... That is some old ass funny shit right there lmao.

Just now, Tomas. said:

Holy fuck.... That is some old ass funny shit right there lmao.

It just popped into my head lol. Haven’t heard it for like 25 years so I found it on you tube. Fuck it’s good 

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

It just popped into my head lol. Haven’t heard it for like 25 years so I found it on you tube. Fuck it’s good 

Dick twang band is also funny as fuck. 

Hard to believe they used to get away with that shit lol.

I have a feeling that no one east of Manitoba, west of Alberta, or south of the Canadian border has heard of either of those lol.

Edited by Tomas.

8 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I have a feeling that no one east of Manitoba, west of Alberta, or south of the Canadian border has heard of either of those lol.

Nope, I haven't. 

12 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Dick twang band is also funny as fuck. 

Hard to believe they used to get away with that shit lol.

11 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

That was some funny shit for sure poor chugs :lol: I am not sure they got away with it then it was grey market stuff

Edited by Momorider

Basically white guys pretending to sound like natives, to make fun of natives lol.

Brockett 99 was a farce radio station in southern Alberta and dick twang bad was a band that played in northern BC and Alberta in bars on the reservations and in the oil fields.

Both are at least 30ish years old 

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

I have a buddy in Wisconsin so I asked him if he heard of it. He said yup they used to blast it all the time lol

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

That was some funny shit for sure poor chugs :lol: I am not sure they got away with it then it was grey market stuff

Not sure they ever sold copies. At least officially they never did. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

That’s crazy it’s been a cult classic here since the mid 80’s 

Gary Lee and the Showdown with their, Well, it's 40 below and I don't give a fuck, was the only comedy song I remember hearing coming from out west back in the 80's. 

1 hour ago, irv said:

Gary Lee and the Showdown with their, Well, it's 40 below and I don't give a fuck, was the only comedy song I remember hearing coming from out west back in the 80's. 

That's McLean and McLean they are east coast brothers now both dead comedy gold from the 70's :bc:

Edited by Momorider

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

That's McLean and McLean they are east coast brothers now both dead comedy gold from the 70's :bc:

McLean and McLean had some funny songs but the Rodeo song wasn't one of them. That was Gary Lee and The Showdown.

Edited by irv

5 minutes ago, irv said:

McLean and McLean had some funny songs but the Rodeo song wasn't one of them. That was Gary Lee and The Showdown.

They had nothing on brocket