Check your account email address ×

Chit that piss's me off..

She also was going the wrong way on 490 with 4 flat tires.

She has been stopped since even driving without a dl.

Rochester judge arrested for driving drunk on her way to court, prosecutor says

Associated PressBy Associated Press 
on February 14, 2016 at 1:45 AM, updated February 14, 2016 at 1:59 AM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. — A Rochester judge was arrested Saturday morning on a drunken driving charge after being pulled over on her way to court, authorities said.

Rochester City Court Judge Leticia Astacio, 34, was arrested by New York State troopers on Interstate 490, Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley said.

astaciopromo.jpgRochester City Judge Leticia Astacio.WHAM-TV/Facebook

Trooper Chris Kowalski told the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle that the judge's vehicle was involved possibly in a one-car crash. Police said Astacio refused to take a Breathalyzer test.

Astacio, a Democrat elected to the judicial post in 2014, was formerly a member of the Monroe County District Attorney's Office, where she worked in the drunken driving bureau.

She was released with an appearance ticket and ordered to appear in court in March. She hasn't immediately returned a call for comment.

Astacio was stopped on her way to court, where she was scheduled to preside over criminal court arraignments, Doorley said. Another judge was called in after Astacio was arrested.

A spokesman for the state court system did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Astacio's arrest.

Edited by Capt.Storm

Report: Rochester judge, accused of DWI, to be charged for driving without license

BY WHAM WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8TH 2016
judgepic.jpg
Sources tell 13WHAM News that Judge Leticia Astacio was arrested for driving without a license (WHAM photo)

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHAM) - Sources tell 13WHAM News that Judge Leticia Astacio was caught driving despite a court order preventing her to drive pending the outcome of her DWI case.

13WHAM News has learned police may have obtained video footage supporting a charge of second-degree Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a motor vehicle. Initial reports from sources indicate that the infraction occurred last week when Rochester City Court Judge Leticia Astacio commuted to the Hall of Justice for a court appearance related to her Driving While Intoxicated case.

Astacio, 34, was arrested on February 13 and charged with driving while intoxicated. Judge Astacio was scheduled to sit on the bench that morning and handle criminal arraignments.

State Police said she had a BAC of .19 during a pre-screening test done in the field. However, that test cannot be used in court. Astacio refused to take a breathalyzer test.

She pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

It's OK,as long as she's a minority and a lib she'll gets a pass from the left

I knew that would come up right away but hell they all get away with it in gov.

she still has her job pending the outcome but I would put money on her getting to keep her job if convicted of charges.

She works on dwi cases is what really sets me off.

some fb comments.

Herb Schuhart
Did I read that right? Did Valentino say that Astacio is above the law and she will only get a slap on the wrist? Makes me wonder how many times she was trashed when she was on the bench. Maybe all her past cases need to be reviewed.
Like · Reply · like.png5 · Mar 12, 2016 12:53am · Edited
1512513_581051835318624_970556204_n.jpg?

Jay Schneider · 
Works at Here and there
I guess we read different articles. Tha is not at all what he said.
Like · Reply · like.png1 · Mar 12, 2016 7:02am
13095911_569180316589927_574128071100116

Patti Johnson · 
My feeling is that any person in an authoratative position should be held to a higher standard. In this case, the judge who so often presides over drunk driving cases should expect a harsher punishment to demonstrate the seriousness of the violation. Maybe that's why everything is going downhill. The lawmakers, representatives, senators, etc. are treated too softly while the average Joe gets nailed to the wall.
Like · Reply · like.png5 · Mar 12, 2016 5:20am
13394145_246932822342499_429622573873317

Tony Dindo Dentino
Six months as an Uber driver bringing AA members to their meetings should clear up the problem.
Like · Reply · like.png2 · Mar 12, 2016 7:41am
12744474_1154058801271180_43244171424793

Jill Gibson Ludwig
She knows she did wrong ... I say have her REMOVED. I say she lost her right to to judge another now.
Like · Reply · like.png4 · Mar 12, 2016 8:10am
12803133_10206777399726892_5885186161156

Mark Potwora · 
You lose your job in other state agency's if convicted of DWI. The thruway being one.
Like · Reply · like.png2 · Mar 12, 2016 8:57am
Load 3 more comments