Check your account email address ×

Square body lyfe!

Rod

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, ACE said:

Finally got the steering pump from buddy. Fbody lines grafted to the factory 78 lines easy. 

0D050EDD-0734-4492-AC3D-9E52AEB6039F.jpeg

Nice with the hose clamps Ace!

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

5.52 zero to 60 is pretty darn good for an old beater truck that weighs close to 5000 lbs. 

what rear axle is under that old girl? Ratio? 

3.73’s. Probably going to switch to 4.10’s. 

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

First second or 2 it seems to take a bit to gain rpm....  then it comes alive.  

Would it benefit from a touch higher stall?

Yeah it could for sure. It is spinning some though.  It has a 2500 stall. If it had a 3800+ and great traction it would probably flirt with 12’s 

but on the street here I dunno. Might try lower gears first so it still hits on the soft side but ramp into the power quicker 

Got all the bugs worked out for now. Had some steering hose issues and it dumped the oil out a couple times. 

exhaust is hooked up

did a lot of drivability tuning. Running smooth as silk. Very happy with how it drives 

it’s plenty fast for a kids first truck. It’s faster in the 1/4 than my first truck was 0-60 

probably have to get a driveshaft at some point. The one off the donor truck is a little short plus the hanger bearing isn’t great shape 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Think I’ll go to a higher stall instead of lower gears. It’s already on the highest  side when cruising 

I was wondering to myself when you said you were going to put 4:10's in it but at the same time, I wasn't really sure what your plans were for that truck? 

4 minutes ago, irv said:

I was wondering to myself when you said you were going to put 4:10's in it but at the same time, I wasn't really sure what your plans were for that truck? 

It’s just a cruiser\beater really 

• Thanks 1