Check your account email address ×

Polaris and cat are going to nibble away doos market share

Rod

Doos pricing is just fucktarded, the new XP plastics are in all honesty pretty ugly and their trail sleds are expensive and boring. polaris makes some really nice sleds and arctic cats value for the dollar is way better than anyone else.  

One guy I know here has bought a new doo almost every year for at least 15 years but now he’s on a cat 800 because of cost. And he likes it. Doo dealer quoted him almost 7000 difference on his 850 doo for one year. That’s fucked 

doo needs to pay attention to their boring trail line up and give us what we want for a change. I’ve been waiting since 08 for something exciting and it just isn’t happening 

and who seriously finally builds a turbo 4 stroke “Performance trail” sled to only make 150 hp?? Seriously? Gay as fuck 

Polaris overall recreational vehicle sales are just astronomical 

Well, I’ve long said that Doo makes the most reliable, best performing sled out of the box.  And I still believe it.  Their resales prove that BUT, that still leaves a lot for those wanting performance and not a bunch of linq bolt on bullshit.

What I see Textron doing now is what I’ve said the sled industry is heading to for years.  Regional dealers and online orders.  It just makes sense.  Prices are back to reasonable if not good and it keeps the overhead down.  Now, it’s up to Textron to flush AC with cash for engineering and design to make people head online.  Those three girl sleds aren’t going to do it.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Well, I’ve long said that Doo makes the most reliable, best performing sled out of the box.  And I still believe it.  Their resales prove that BUT, that still leaves a lot for those wanting performance and not a bunch of linq bolt on bullshit.

What I see Textron doing now is what I’ve said the sled industry is heading to for years.  Regional dealers and online orders.  It just makes sense.  Prices are back to reasonable if not good and it keeps the overhead down.  Now, it’s up to Textron to flush AC with cash for engineering and design to make people head online.  Those three girl sleds aren’t going to do it.

The only doo I’ve had that was reliable was the 1200

i think arctic cat will do well with their pricing. Lots of people I know stopped buying new sleds because of cost. Factor in the depreciation rate on a $20,000 sled and its nuts. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I saw mostly cats on the trails and a ton of Doos last weekend. Not seeing as many Revs as I used to. That’s all you used to see. 

Yeah used to be nothing here but revs and firecats

i jumped on a rev coming off my new cat and was surprised how ancient the rev felt. They used to be so awesome 

33 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Cheaper to rent sleds unless you use them all the time.

I don’t see ever doing that.  I’m not a touristy rider and I don’t like even swapping “like” sleds out there.  I set mine up for me and tune it just for how I like to ride.  Honestly, even if I only ran once or twice a year, I’d still have my own ride...they are still fun to tinker all year long for me.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t see ever doing that.  I’m not a touristy rider and I don’t like even swapping “like” sleds out there.  I set mine up for me and tune it just for how I like to ride.  Honestly, even if I only ran once or twice a year, I’d still have my own ride...they are still fun to tinker all year long for me.

true, but most guys don't know how or have the needed tools, especially now with all the electronic testing tools required to check problems.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Not that I disagree but Textron is actively trying to sell Cat.

37 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I should post some pics from races here, perhaps 5% are Cat's in the local Lake Ice drags.

Piles of cat stockers. Some improvers. Doo triples still seem to be the engine of choice for improved class 

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Piles of cat stockers. Some improvers. Doo triples still seem to be the engine of choice for improved class 

Dude , slingshot flash on stock clutching is retarded. It’s a fucking animal

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Wat? Lol

After 159 miles though I have isolated what needs to improve. It was inconsistent across the wide temp change yesterday. 

I think the compression secondary is first to go

Just now, f7ben said:

After 159 miles though I have isolated what needs to improve. It was inconsistent across the wide temp change yesterday. 

I think the compression secondary is first to go

Ahhhhhh 

those sleds are a performance bargain 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

A well done stock turbo z1T can beat 1000 improvers 

Best I saw in perfect conditions stock was flickering 109-110. Tune only saw 121 last nights and it was cooking the belt at 115% OD. Short track gears go in this week. It will run mid 130s in snow

Edited by f7ben