Check your account email address ×

The 52nd Annual I-500 The Soo

So tomorrow is the I-500.  My buddy Billy Wilkes is racing again this year.  He will be riding the #19 Polaris of Tommy Bauer Racing.  They qualified 5th this year.   Should be a solid team with a solid chance of finishing on the podium.  

Good luck to all the Soo teams this year.  

https://i-500.com/

51407861_2043115335802058_88023122851764

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

GO ARCTIC CRAP!!!  

AND I don’t care who you are, anybody that doesn’t think that thing would be fun to rail around some corners should take up kayaking.

VVVVVVVVV

Yep, any of those sleds would be a blast to rail around the ice with.  

Cat qualified #1 and there are 9 Cat teams in the race this year.  Another buddy of mine Lee Davis is helping out with Team 21 on the Cats.  

I know Doo is just owning every step in SX and clearly have a sled that is above all others right now but, I’m disappointed to see them not showing up to race this or USXC.  Nobody really wants to see two manus duke it out.  Three is bad enough.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep, any of those sleds would be a blast to rail around the ice with.  

Cat qualified #1 and there are 9 Cat teams in the race this year.  Another buddy of mine Lee Davis is helping out with Team 21 on the Cats.  

Not a lot of sled race fans here but, I’d sure appreciate any insider update you’d want to throw up on this board.

:bc:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not a lot of sled race fans here but, I’d sure appreciate any insider update you’d want to throw up on this board.

:bc:

I won't get much insight today.  My guys are neck deep in the race now and will be all day long.  Watch for Bill Wilkes when he gets on the #19 sled.  Bill is fast, in practice yesterday he was over 2 seconds per lap faster than Tyler Nickles on the same sled.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I won't get much insight today.  My guys are neck deep in the race now and will be all day long.  Watch for Bill Wilkes when he gets on the #19 sled.  Bill is fast, in practice yesterday he was over 2 seconds per lap faster than Tyler Nickles on the same sled.  

I’ve got a bud here that’s friends with a Ryan Faust so, we’re pulling for him too.  

It should be great racing with out the snow dust.  Looks like the lake effect rain mix will stay to the west off there? There is a hill climb event today in south range in the UP today. Record amount of home grown entries. Lots of kids on 120’s. The first ever women’s group. I think I read 121 entries. Racing isn’t as dead as people say on the web. This isn’t a big factory team type of event. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It should be great racing with out the snow dust.  Looks like the lake effect rain mix will stay to the west off there? There is a hill climb event today in south range in the UP today. Record amount of home grown entries. Lots of kids on 120’s. The first ever women’s group. I think I read 121 entries. Racing isn’t as dead as people say on the web. This isn’t a big factory team type of event. 

I hope so.  Snow dust makes watching racing almost unbearable.  Three of us are heading out this afternoon then gonna kick back with some “iced tea” and toggle between this and SX.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I hope so.  Snow dust makes watching racing almost unbearable.  Three of us are heading out this afternoon then gonna kick back with some “iced tea” and toggle between this and SX.

I think I’m going to fire up the kettle? Enjoy the spring conditions up there.:ylsuper:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve got a bud here that’s friends with a Ryan Faust so, we’re pulling for him too.  

I know Travis, Ryan, and Terry fairly well.  I hope they do well and all the racers be safe. 

Here is wishing the following teams safety and good racing

#7, 37, 74, 5, 18, 78, 02.  Know them all and wish them a safe race

Dang, hope Dustin is ok.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

So tomorrow is the I-500.  My buddy Billy Wilkes is racing again this year.  He will be riding the #19 Polaris of Tommy Bauer Racing.  They qualified 5th this year.   Should be a solid team with a solid chance of finishing on the podium.  

Good luck to all the Soo teams this year.  

https://i-500.com/

51407861_2043115335802058_88023122851764

That is one hell of a awesome looking sled

• Like 1