Check your account email address ×

12,000 new factories......Yep.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yep.   Sorry TDS'ers.  Too good for it not to get its own thread.  :lol:  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51192999

In terms of new factories, the most recent statistics are for the second quarter of 2019.

And compared with when President Trump took office, in 2017, there were roughly 12,000 more manufacturing establishments.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep.   Sorry TDS'ers.  Too good for it not to get its own thread.  :lol:  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51192999

In terms of new factories, the most recent statistics are for the second quarter of 2019.

And compared with when President Trump took office, in 2017, there were roughly 12,000 more manufacturing establishments.

How many closed?

Just now, Mainecat said:

How many closed?

Need the definition of more and new?

• Thanks 1

Not one Presidential candidate alive wouldn't have used those numbers in a campaign speech.   Not one.....but Trump bad.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Most of these are small with less than 5 employees but technically his number is correct.

The ave mfg facility has less than 40.   That was my point in the other thread. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Not one Presidential candidate alive wouldn't have used those numbers in a campaign speech.   Not one.....but Trump bad.  

Just now, Highmark said:

The ave mfg facility has less than 40.   That was my point in the other thread. 

That’s fine but most are less than 5 and the numbers started increasing in 2013...hey Trump was correct...good on him.

Just now, washedupmxer said:

So now small biz is a bad thing?

You got fooled yet again! :lol:

If there was a high score board  for it you'd be on it :lol2:

I simply pointed it out....never said it was a bad thing but nice try. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I simply pointed it out....never said it was a bad thing but nice try. 

Okay :lol:

Also I remember everybody bitching about Obama saying something about "you didn't build that"...seems Trump is taking a lot of credit here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Okay :lol:

Also I remember everybody bitching about Obama saying something about "you didn't build that"...seems Trump is taking a lot of credit here.

Yeah...so? 

Also I commend those that started small (under 5 workers) facilities which most of these 12,000 are but let’s not kid ourselves and think  that this will sustain an economic boom and employ hundreds of thousands going forward. This country needs large scale manufacturing that provides good paying jobs and hopefully that happens. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Also I commend those that started small (under 5 workers) facilities which most of these 12,000 are but let’s not kid ourselves and think  that this will sustain an economic boom and employ hundreds of thousands going forward. This country needs large scale manufacturing that provides good paying jobs and hopefully that happens. 

Said it long ago.   You want us to compete on the world stage manufacturing wise?   Have extremely low or even zero income tax on mfgs.   We would be turning away a million new jobs a year.   Would go a long ways at equaling out the wage and environmental costs that we have to compete against.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1