Check your account email address ×

Stephen A. Smith Of ESPN

Smith is spot on about Cerrone. Donald should have known that McGregor was going to immediately jump on him trying for an early KO. Donald is a notoriously slow starter. You cant start slow with Conor.

Donald put is hand out to touch gloves at the opening bell. This is a classic mistake when fighting McGregor. Anyone who has ever seen Conor fight knows this.  

Donalds only chance was to weather the storm of the first minute or so and he failed miserably at that. He did not prepare for the vicious start that is often McGregors signature. 

23 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Smith is spot on about Cerrone. Donald should have known that McGregor was going to immediately jump on him trying for an early KO. Donald is a notoriously slow starter. You cant start slow with Conor.

Donald put is hand out to touch gloves at the opening bell. This is a classic mistake when fighting McGregor. Anyone who has ever seen Conor fight knows this.  

Donalds only chance was to weather the storm of the first minute or so and he failed miserably at that. He did not prepare for the vicious start that is often McGregors signature. 

The fact that he was beat by Mac and obviously outmatched isn’t the point of contention. It’s the fact that he referred to him as a quitter. There’s no possible way to continue to fight with those injuries. He’s an asshole. That remark was uncalled for and false. 

45 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He is supposed sports journalist that has become a cartoon character.

He wouldn’t even make a good cartoon character. He effectively lost the respect of 90% of combat sport participants. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The fact that he was beat by Mac and obviously outmatched isn’t the point of contention. It’s the fact that he referred to him as a quitter. There’s no possible way to continue to fight with those injuries. He’s an asshole. That remark was uncalled for and false. 

Cerrone did quit. Technically he didnt quit, he never even started. He threw one punch that completely missed and one kick that had zero behind it and it missed too. Cerrone immediately tutled up and went down. 

Cerrone is a super slow starter. Always has been. This same thing has happened to him before. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Cerrone did quit. Technically he didnt quit, he never even started. He threw one punch that completely missed and one kick that had zero behind it and it missed too. Cerrone immediately tutled up and went down. 

Cerrone is a super slow starter. Always has been. This same thing has happened to him before. 

It’s obvious that you and smith have a different definition of quitting than do I. Fair enough. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

As soon as he came out against your kneeling god, you turned on him.  Phony.

I don’t think he “quit” necessarily but, it was clear that two men stepped into that octo that night.  One was a warrior,  the other was a capitalist.

Does anyone remember the NBA brawl at the Palace in Detroit when someone threw a drink at Ron Artest?
Smith was on air immediately saying the players had every right to confront the fans and they were justified in going into the crowd. Until his boss at ESPN came down and told him to reconsider his thoughts. :lol: He’s wrong about a lot of things IMO.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

As soon as he came out against your kneeling god, you turned on him.  Phony.

I don’t think he “quit” necessarily but, it was clear that two men stepped into that octo that night.  One was a warrior,  the other was a capitalist.

That is 100% false but not surprising coming from you. I still listen on occasion but he's turned into a WWE performer constantly yelling about everything. Also his time slot on ESPN radio has been given to Jason Fitz with Stephen A making appearances. I find his take on the Cowboys and their fans actually pretty funny.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

and gets paid very nicely to suck. 

The sportscaster isn’t afraid to tackle difficult issues, and that has helped earn the analyst a reported $10 million salary. He works on ESPN’s show ‘First Take,’ but is also a regular on ‘SportsCenter’ giving his trademark provocative analysis.

9 minutes ago, jammin said:

and gets paid very nicely to suck. 

The sportscaster isn’t afraid to tackle difficult issues, and that has helped earn the analyst a reported $10 million salary. He works on ESPN’s show ‘First Take,’ but is also a regular on ‘SportsCenter’ giving his trademark provocative analysis.

I watch motor sports and UFC. There’s no other sport that interests me. This is the first time that I ever heard of this guy. I feel sorry for anyone that’s willing to endure his bullshit for any length of time. His attempt to penetrate combat sports in the UFC was ridiculous at best. I doubt that there’s a single fighter who has any respect based on his lack of knowledge and fucked up statements. Then trying to back up what he said made the entire debacle worse for himself. $10m for that? :lol: 

Edited by spin_dry

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Wasn’t cerrone nose broken almost out of the gate? 

Yes. Within the first 5 seconds of the fight. Almost everyone knows that the quickest way to make you opponent quit is to smash his nose flat against his face. Works every time. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Yes. Within the first 5 seconds of the fight. Almost everyone knows that the quickest way to make you opponent quit is to smash his nose flat against his face. Works every time. 

Yeah so he was basically fucked right there. He knows Conor is a fast starter he should have been more careful 

Just now, ACE said:

Yeah so he was basically fucked right there. He knows Conor is a fast starter he should have been more careful 

And he knows that Conor would likely try to strike him at the sound of the bell. Conor often strikes his opponent instead of touching gloves. This is stand McGregor. Everyone knows this.

The last instruction from the referee is always “if you want to touch gloves, do it now”.