Check your account email address ×

Kentucky miners block coal train over missed paychecks

Source: ABC News

PIKEVILLE, Ky. -- Some Kentucky coal miners and their families stood on train tracks Monday to prevent a train loaded with coal from leaving, saying they had worked since Dec. 16 without being paid. 

The tracks lead from Quest Energy in Pike County. A CSX crew went to the tracks to get the engine and left the loaded train cars there, WYMT-TV reported. 

Miners told the station they expected to be paid Friday, then were told to wait until Monday, when the date was pushed back again. 

<snip> 

“They won’t get their coal until we’re paid,” said Kenny Collins, who operates a shuttle car at the underground mine. He said his power was cut off Monday, and he is owed more than $3,000.

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kentucky-miners-block-coal-train-missed-paychecks-68258361?cid=clicksource_4380645_2_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed 

I sure the hell bet their CEO isn't going without.

I got a letter from Rand Paul today asking for my help to fight big labor with the right to work act. Says that 80% of people are against having to pay union dues. Looks like they also might be against getting stiffed out if their paychecks. 

Edited by Anler

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I got a letter from Rand Paul today asking for my help to fight big labor with the right to work act. Says that 80% of people are against having to pay union dues. Looks like they also might be against getting stiffed out if their paychecks. 

You’re a fucking communist 

• Gold Member
38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Source: ABC News

PIKEVILLE, Ky. -- Some Kentucky coal miners and their families stood on train tracks Monday to prevent a train loaded with coal from leaving, saying they had worked since Dec. 16 without being paid. 

The tracks lead from Quest Energy in Pike County. A CSX crew went to the tracks to get the engine and left the loaded train cars there, WYMT-TV reported. 

Miners told the station they expected to be paid Friday, then were told to wait until Monday, when the date was pushed back again. 

<snip> 

“They won’t get their coal until we’re paid,” said Kenny Collins, who operates a shuttle car at the underground mine. He said his power was cut off Monday, and he is owed more than $3,000.

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kentucky-miners-block-coal-train-missed-paychecks-68258361?cid=clicksource_4380645_2_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed 

I sure the hell bet their CEO isn't going without.

Good! Keep the fucking thing until they get every last dime they are owed with interest!  :bc:

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You’re a fucking communist 

Had 5 pre printed petitions with the letter addressed to various senators and Congress members. Also wanted a donation of course. :lol: