Check your account email address ×

Better than a Tool concert?

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They were great live back in the “70’s. Drugs probably took their toll later on. 

Yeah I missed the hay days. I think the last show I saw of theirs was no alcohol allowed. :lol:

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You mean he didn’t do reality tv so people could see what he eats. :lol: 

He wasn't known for the big hits and riffs. I mean really who goes to see a drummer just for their drumming skill? Unless you are a drummer. 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I was at that show too lol. That dome had to be the worse acoustical nightmare ever. Sounded like shit.

Cool. The “70’s was a great time for concerts. One of the best bands live was the original Lynyrd Skynyrd. I would probably go as far as to say the best live. They were my very first live concert. Saw them twice. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

He wasn't known for the big hits and riffs. I mean really who goes to see a drummer just for their drumming skill? Unless you are a drummer. 

Overall Rush kept a pretty low profile. The only kids into them when I was in middle school and high school were us stoners. We thought that we were pretty cool. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Overall Rush kept a pretty low profile. The only kids into them when I was in middle school and high school were us stoners. We thought that we were pretty cool. :lol: 

Rush was a great band I just didn't like their style. Was never a rush fan. Alot of my friends liked rush. Another popular band I can't stand is Pink Floyd. I've been to the shows and everything I just never got into em. Puts me to sleep. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Cool. The “70’s was a great time for concerts. One of the best bands live was the original Lynyrd Skynyrd. I would probably go as far as to say the best live. They were my very first live concert. Saw them twice. 

Overall the bands that recorded together as one piece almost always sound the best live. It’s why overall good country bands are so much better live. 

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

Overall the bands that recorded together as one piece almost always sound the best live. It’s why overall good country bands are so much better live. 

Tool is amazing live. Rolling out those 15 minute masterpieces and never skipping a beat. 

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Someone gave us tickets to go see Brad Paisley a few years ago, not really fans but we went. Dude puts on a really good show. 

41 minutes ago, ACE said:

I thought Sammy could actually sing and all DLR could do was high kicks on stage 

Yep, already said that.  Sammy sings DLR era VH songs better than DLR cause he actually sings the song instead of bouncing around stage like a fucking monkey :lmao:

40 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I was at that show too lol. That dome had to be the worse acoustical nightmare ever. Sounded like shit.

Comerica Park is worse 

Holy fuck.....did Frenchy just say Alex van Halen was basic????

Alex is in the same league as Peart as a drumming master. His technique and innovation rank up there with the best.

Good grief what's with the opinions here

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Nice!! :bc:

My wife and I seen them 2 summers ago in Toronto, and although the concert was excellent, imo, nothing would have beat seeing the originals live in concert! 

WP_20180811_21_49_43_Pro.jpg

Just now, irv said:

Nice!! :bc:

My wife and I seen them 2 summers ago in Toronto, and although the concert was excellent, imo, nothing would have beat seeing the originals live in concert! 

WP_20180811_21_49_43_Pro.jpg

The plane crash really did suck. Wrecked one of the best rock and roll bands in history. 

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Wrong, you’re taste in music sucks ass and Tool would be lucky to even shine VH’s shoes. 

Eddie is a huge Tool fan. And for good reason. He recognizes good music. Unfortunately no one knows who Eddie is anymore. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/tool-fan-unwittingly-asks-eddie-van-halen-take-photo-show-2559998%3famp

Just now, spin_dry said:

The plane crash really did suck. Wrecked one of the best rock and roll bands in history. 

For sure, and just when they were really gaining traction and getting very popular. I recently watched, "If I leave here tomorrow" It was a good doc, but very sad, of course. 

My music choices are pretty diverse but I'd have to say, Skynyrd is my favorite band of all time. Unbelievable how good they actually were. 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck.....did Frenchy just say Alex van Halen was basic????

Alex is in the same league as Peart as a drumming master. His technique and innovation rank up there with the best.

Good grief what's with the opinions here

I don’t put Alex in the highest level elite but he is anything but basic. I’m guessing Frenchy has never really listened to him or realized those records were mixed putting Eddie in the spotlight over Alex and Micheal usually. The Hot For Teacher intro is literally better as an intro than anything Peart did as an intro. Doesn’t make Alex better, but basic? Come on.