Check your account email address ×

Does Violence Just Create More Violence?

This is an off-shoot of a thread this morning where the discussion was kind of a "what would you do" in a situation.  It was mentioned that "violence only leads to more violence". And there's truth to that...but then there's a bit more too it.  So, here's my paraphrased reply copied from that thread....discuss/debate?  And not just my reply but your thoughts too!  :bc:

It's been my experience that violence is in fact sometimes the only thing that can solve problems.  And one of the benefits that violence creates is the one universal thing that all creatures readily accept and respect: "self preservation".  We are becoming a society that has completely forgotten that violence exists as a measure of not only peace and civility but also of control and punishment and the actions are becoming as freewheeling as they can because of that.  In other words, ones actions probably don't have consequences........everybody gets their day in court...and a soft cushy chair to sit in while there.  Well, as we've seen on TV increasingly more and more, sometimes the "court" you go to doesn't have that nice cushy chair and there's no reason to post bail and wait for a judgement.  All over in seconds and all the while saving the taxpayers millions.

Now, I'm not advocating violence....but I'm not ever gonna say it is never necessary.  And what ass-clowns around the world need to start wondering A LOT MORE is if the person they are going to offend or threaten going to stay a "good citizen" and allow them to get away with idiotic and/or criminal activity and allow the laws and the justice system it's due respect or process?  Or, do the "offended" give a shit if the "offenders" life ends right here, and right now?  

Edited by Zambroski

16 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Yeah..start with the vid.

Maybe just copy and paste it all over here?

OFDA!  Not sure I have time to preface and edit it all to make sense.  For me to try to "cut and paste" those posts over here would probably look pretty goofed up.  Maybe CKF can help?  I don't care...do whatever.

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is an off-shoot of a thread this morning where the discussion was kind of a "what would you do" in a situation.  It was mentioned that "violence only leads to more violence". And there's truth to that...but then there's a bit more too it.  So, here's my paraphrased reply copied from that thread....discuss/debate?  And not just my reply but your thoughts too!  :bc:

Discipline and violence are 2 much different things.....and so protecting yourself or someone else....

The guy in the video is in no way of having his life threatened and acted accordingly imo.

Just now, DAVE said:

Discipline and violence are 2 much different things.....and so protecting yourself or someone else....

The guy in the video is in no way of having his life threatened and acted accordingly imo.

Well, it's a fine line.  And we all have the right to protect our property with adequate and equal actions.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it's a fine line.  And we all have the right to protect our property with adequate and equal actions.  

Agreed...but is the chance of losing ones life that important in order to protect if it is not your job to do so?

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

OFDA!  Not sure I have time to preface and edit it all to make sense.  For me to try to "cut and paste" those posts over here would probably look pretty goofed up.  Maybe CKF can help?  I don't care...do whatever.

What do you need me to do?

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I don't think I could eve hit a women though.

Yes id have to agree....would take alot...its easier just to walk away...or sometimes run.... :lol:

I would hold one back though if need be.

Trust me I have ran from them! :lol:

My red headed ex wife was trained to use guns from the military and had trophies for skeet and target shooting ..I'm pretty sure she could have killed me on the run..man was she nuts.

Edited by Capt.Storm

10 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Holy hell lol. The last guy taking on Latisha was a little over the edge tho 

This chick pretty much sums it up....

Whoopie Goldberg's stance, is nobody should hit anyone, but if they do, expect to be hit back.... woman or not...  didn't go over well on 'the View'  lol.... sounded like some lawyer on the panel would put men behind bars regardless of the situation, if a man had hit a woman.  Another said only if in mortal danger should a man defend himself....

Not sure this thread was intended to justify hitting women or somehow validate it. But it did kinda spawn from that type of video.  And to tell you the truth, not sure what a woman thinks can come from this action.  1.) classless trash.  2.) Well, for the most part, your bodies and bones were not made to handle much abuse.  Why push it?  

Ive been slapped before but never "beaten" or just slapped repeatedly.  I deserved the slap though...I can take that.  :lmao:

I did get slapped by a man once too.  O.o  And in turn slapped a few after that.  BRILLIANT!  xD

Edited by Zambroski

11 hours ago, Polarissledder said:

This chick pretty much sums it up....

Whoopie Goldberg's stance, is nobody should hit anyone, but if they do, expect to be hit back.... woman or not...  didn't go over well on 'the View'  lol.... sounded like some lawyer on the panel would put men behind bars regardless of the situation, if a man had hit a woman.  Another said only if in mortal danger should a man defend himself....

Holy shit . Gotta admit , some women deserve a slap if they're trying to kick my ass lol . I would think a good slap would be enough to knock some fuckin sense into her. Uppercut ? No. Slap ? Yup. But I would have to be hit a number of times first. Probably best to just run away

:lol:. Well unless she's got a knife or something :duel: