Check your account email address ×

Bernie Sanders Won't Yet Explain Details Of How To Pay For Medicare For All

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

government would need to buy a couple to administer a single payer plan.  The rest can branch out to supplemental insurance ducts,  those that don't want to adapt will die off just like many other jobs/companies have in the past.  

Easier said than done.  

Govt run HC invites deep intrusion into our lives.   They will use it as an excuse to further control us.   No thanks. 

HC costs have skyrocketed because technology while allowing us to live longer healthier lives simply costs more.  

70% of most people's cost of care comes in the last few years of life.   That's already on govt insurance. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

that would be better than the current system as people who are blind to the actual costs would have to address it instead of living in their bubbles.  

Oh for sure. People will start getting alot more selective about their healthcare. You want costs to go down you make health networks compete for your business. Same with pharms

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

I think everyone should pay for their own healthcare  :bc:

Yep.  Just don’t force shit healthcare on everybody just to make sure everybody has “healthcare”

I like my plan and am willing to work for my Cadillac plan that employer who charges out my healthcare on there expense to the clients on a per hour bases.  Cost the employer $0 in the end as my labor pays for it.

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Not really

Setting up a program to cover 330 million American's.    Yeah simple as pie when the govt does it.  :lol:  The Obamacare roll out debacle ring a bell?

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh for sure. People will start getting alot more selective about their healthcare. You want costs to go down you make health networks compete for your business. Same with pharms

Obamacare wanted to tax Cadillac plans because they were "too good" causing over use of the medical system.  :lol:   WTF they think will happen with Medicare for all that has no copay and 330 million enrollees.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Obamacare wanted to tax Cadillac plans because they were "too good" causing over use of the medical system.  :lol:   WTF they think will happen with Medicare for all that has no copay and 330 million enrollees.  :lol:  

Did I say Medicare for all, dummy? I said PAY FOR YOUR OWN!!!!

15 hours ago, Highmark said:

Simple create NHC and let people choose if they want to stay with private HI.   Don't force anyone in and don't tax those that opt out.   Doctors also cannot be forced to charge less than the private system.   See how that goes.   :lmao:

Simple.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Probably, lol..I've been on Medicare and a supplement for 7 years, only use it once a year..(so far anyhow)

My dad has been on medicare for 25 yrs. Never had a supplement.

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

My dad has been on medicare for 25 yrs. Never had a supplement.

Wonder if he's on parts A,B,C, & D?

• Part A provides inpatient/hospital coverage.
  • Part B provides outpatient/medical coverage.
  • Part C offers an alternate way to receive your Medicare benefits (see below for more information).
  • Part D provides prescription drug coverage.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Wonder if he's on parts A,B,C, & D?

• Part A provides inpatient/hospital coverage.
  • Part B provides outpatient/medical coverage.
  • Part C offers an alternate way to receive your Medicare benefits (see below for more information).
  • Part D provides prescription drug coverage.

Never realy talked to him about besides hearing him say he didn't have a supplement. Dude is 92 and on no meds.