Check your account email address ×

The Strike Is Over: UAW Members Ratify Deal With General Motors

13 minutes ago, irv said:

Its the same where I use to work, OPG/Ontario Hydro. (Nuclear plant) Up here we a have sunshine list. It is a public disclosure for those earning 100 G's or more. The thing is, a lot of those employees who have earned that income did so due to the amount of overtime they have worked. I made the list 2 times in 36 years and in those 2 times, I easily worked 400+ hrs of O.T. 

None of that, of course, is disclosed in the sunshine list. The public, who complain about their hydro bills, all point fingers at the workers and blame them. Truth of the matter is, because we are a gov't run company, we have zero say in how much people are charged for their electricity.

Many say we are over paid, lazy, all those things I'm sure you also hear, but they have no idea, no clue whatsoever, the type of work we do nor the hazards associated with it.

No one's wages should be made public unless EVERYONE'S is. 

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was just reading about how the auto industry is shrinking. New car sales are going down each year. It going to result in more plants closing. 

Sales go up and down all the time. It's a cycle, just like the weather.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

No one's wages should be made public unless EVERYONE'S is. 

Sales go up and down all the time. It's a cycle, just like the weather.  

But this is about market retraction. Cars are lasting longer and fewer people are buying new as often. It's not a market cycle it's a market change. Not my analysis. 

59 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The way the company and media want to make it sound like is that the average hourly production worker is making $90K. Which is complete BS.  They try and get the general public to believe that BS, so they think the price of vehicles being so high is because of labor costs. Which again is complete BS. But idiots (and it's well proven on here) lap that shit up just like they CEOs and media want them to just like the stupid fucking idiots they are. 

Nailed it. Not to mention the ones who are making 6 figures are putting in some pretty serious hours. 

33 minutes ago, Anler said:

But this is about market retraction. Cars are lasting longer and fewer people are buying new as often. It's not a market cycle it's a market change. Not my analysis. 

It's a cycle.  A major part of the doom and gloom and knees jerk reactions is causcausede by "speculation" and "analysts",  Making other people freak out. Those people need to be shot in the face with a 12 gauge. 

7 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Nailed it. Not to mention the ones who are making 6 figures are putting in some pretty serious hours. 

Not to hard for a team leader/hourly coordinator or trades to get into the 6 figures. A regular hourly worker is putting in a lot of hours to get into 6 figures. Nothing wrong with it.    

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It's a cycle.  A major part of the doom and gloom and knees jerk reactions is cause by "speculation" and "analysts".  Those people need to be shot in the face with a 12 gauge. 

Not to hard for a team leader/hourly coordinator or trades to get into the 6 figures. A regular hourly worker is putting in a lot of hours to get into 6 figures. Nothing wrong with it.    

Yep if your making 6 figures your earning it. Hope you all get a fair contract and good luck :bc:

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It's a cycle.  A major part of the doom and gloom and knees jerk reactions is cause by "speculation" and "analysts".  Those people need to be shot in the face with a 12 gauge. 

Ok well they are predicting another down cycle next year too. 

59 minutes ago, irv said:

Its the same where I use to work, OPG/Ontario Hydro. (Nuclear plant) Up here we a have sunshine list. It is a public disclosure for those earning 100 G's or more. The thing is, a lot of those employees who have earned that income did so due to the amount of overtime they have worked. I made the list 2 times in 36 years and in those 2 times, I easily worked 400+ hrs of O.T. 

None of that, of course, is disclosed in the sunshine list. The public, who complain about their hydro bills, all point fingers at the workers and blame them. Truth of the matter is, because we are a gov't run company, we have zero say in how much people are charged for their electricity.

Many say we are over paid, lazy, all those things I'm sure you also hear, but they have no idea, no clue whatsoever, the type of work we do nor the hazards associated with it.

31 years with OPG/thermal now. Been on that list for quite a few years now,,but as you say,,not due to base wages.

1 minute ago, yami123 said:

Yep if your making 6 figures your earning it. Hope you all get a fair contract and good luck :bc:

We should be fine. :bc:  I hope nothing but the best for you as well. :thumbsup:

Just be prepared to be called all kinds of names by someone on here if, you guys walk and he gets put on furlough again. :bc:

:snack:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Ok well they are predicting another down cycle next year too. 

And people like you lap it up just like they want. 

• Thanks 1

We should be fine. :bc:  I hope nothing but the best for you as well. :thumbsup:

Just be prepared to be called all kinds of names by someone on here if, you guys walk and he gets put on furlough again. :bc:

I'm just sharing what I saw. You can take it or leave it, captain poopy pants. :bc:

No different then any of the others that don’t have a single clue about what we do, I’ve become accustomed to it :bc:

Just now, Anler said:

I'm just sharing what I saw. You can take it or leave it, captain poopy pants. :bc:

I'll leave it, because it's not going to have any effect on me :bc:

Just now, yami123 said:

No different then any of the others that don’t have a single clue about what we do, I’ve become accustomed to it :bc:

You have to.  Especially the ones like Pouts who talks all kinds of shit , but knows God damn good and well if his sorry fat ass would have had the opportunity to work for one of the Detroit automakers back in the day, he would have jumped on it like he does on a box of Twinkies. He's just mad and jealous, like many others on here are. Just laugh at crybabies like him like I do.  :bc:

I'll leave it, because it's not going to have any effect on me :bc:

You have to.  Especially the ones like Pouts who talks all kinds of shit , but knows God damn good and well if his sorry fat ass would have had the opportunity to work for one of the Detroit automakers back in the day, he would have jumped on it like he does on a box of Twinkies. He's just mad and jealous, like many others on here are. Just laugh at crybabies like him like I do.  :bc:

I’m confused as to what he does???? I’m assuming he works for a parts supplier or something along those lines??? Claiming the GM workers just wanted over a month off because they didn’t feel like working 😂 

22 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

But but but he don't Need the UAW!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, yami123 said:

I’m confused as to what he does???? I’m assuming he works for a parts supplier or something along those lines???

Claiming the GM workers just wanted over a month off because they didn’t feel like working 😂 

He's a contractor for a supplier.  Didn't tell me who. 

:lol:

13 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

He's a contractor for a supplier.  Didn't tell me who. 

:lol:

He’s so far all over the map I can’t comprehend it all :lol:But from what I gather, he’s the one who needs to find better employment by the sounds of it, but that’s about all I got :lol2:

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I've been holding back, believe me, but it seems that's what you want me to do in order to validate your side of the argument. Not that you even have one other then "Union good...fuck everyone else".  Enjoy it while it lasts.  The Auto industry is changing in a big way and the Union will not fare well in the future. Most of those jobs will be the ones to fall to automation first.

8 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

But but but he don't Need the UAW!

Finally you got something, right congratulations... I don't! I don't need the UAW I just need them to show up to work so the rest of the industry isn't held hostage. Something none of the Union guys seems to comprehend. 

We get small sums of money for RD&D but the majority of the money we make comes from parts. We don't ship parts, we don't make money. If people walk off the job (read UAW workers) and plants get closed (No UAW workers there to operate the lines etc) guess what. Parts can't ship. Companies are loosing millions and millions so the UAW worker can what, make top pay in 2 years instead of 5? 

It's painfully obvious the common UAW worker is completely incapable of understanding what happens outside of their group when they willfully refuse to work. In fact, as shown here, they push the blame off on non UAW people that are indirectly fiscally affected. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, yami123 said:

I’m confused as to what he does???? I’m assuming he works for a parts supplier or something along those lines??? Claiming the GM workers just wanted over a month off because they didn’t feel like working 😂 

Yeah you're confused alright maybe it's good that your union if you get so easily confused eh?   Where the fuck do you guys come up with this shit? You Union types are so very defensive and touchy you start making shit up in your heads. 

21 minutes ago, yami123 said:

He’s so far all over the map I can’t comprehend it all :lol:But from what I gather, he’s the one who needs to find better employment by the sounds of it, but that’s about all I got :lol2:

Should I use smaller words and less sentences? Maybe Crayons? How about your Union rep translate it for you? 

Give me a few....I'm working on a children's book for you guys. I will try and keep the word count down to less then a 100 and it will have pop up color pictures to help illustrate. If you like I can leave some of the pictures uncolored if you think you can stay within the lines :lol: 

f94ef313-10ee-493f-8838-3ec32e3ad9ee_1.fcb430f1e46790afd7cc2f69b7515c5d.jpeg-9cb922efb4e0edfa3748b06c0b0ce1323f39ad86-legacy-q85-450x450.jpg.cba4595560d34a50242db2a24e470b9c.jpg

3 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Jesus fuck lay off the meth pipe dude this shit is comical 😂😂😂😂

It's you and  Jay smoking the union meth and when that shit runs out you guys will be dope sick as fuck.  He has good employment but when you union cunts throw your tantrums it affects everybody..it's pretty goddamn simple. BTW since you brought it up what do you do on an average day? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's you and  Jay smoking the union meth and when that shit runs out you guys will be dope sick as fuck.  He has good employment but when you union cunts throw your tantrums it affects everybody..it's pretty goddamn simple. BTW since you brought it up what do you do on an average day? 

What exactly do you mean what do I do? According to most I sit around and play poker and smoke cigarettes is that what you want to hear? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yami123 said:

What exactly do you mean what do I do? According to most I sit around and play poker and smoke cigarettes is that what you want to hear? 

I asked you...I didn't say according to most. Your job....what do you do?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I asked you...I didn't say according to most. Your job....what do you do?

Install fascia brackets, quarter glass, and hood grill inserts. Every 46 seconds 5-600 times a day. Rotate jobs every 2 hours