Check your account email address ×

Bill Weld..

Pete

:lol:

Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, who is challenging President Trump in the Republican primaries, proclaimed Monday that the president committed treason through his controversial phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky -- adding that the punishment for treason is death.

The statement drew a swift rebuke from the Trump campaign.

“The media’s affliction with Trump Derangement Syndrome has driven them into an actual discussion of the proposed execution of the President of the United States,” communications director Tim Murtaugh told Fox News. “In severe cases of TDS such as this, immediate consultation with a physician is recommended.”

Weld was responding to claims that Trump pressured Zelensky to investigate Hunter Biden -- the son of former vice president and current Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden -- and threatened to withhold military aid to Ukraine as leverage. Trump has denied wrongdoing.

“Talk about pressuring a foreign country to interfere with and control a U.S. election, it couldn’t be clearer. And that’s not just undermining democratic institutions, that is treason," Weld said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "It’s treason pure and simple. And the penalty for treason under the U.S. Code is death. That’s the only penalty.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-weld-trump-ukraine-phone-call

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Weld was a great governor. Yes I voted for him when I lived in Mass.

He was a good governor but at this point he's jumped the shark.  If he wanted to be a pub president he should have run against Trump in 16 instead of on Johnsons losing ticket. I agree with many of his positions and like that while he knows the political system he's been in and out of politics so has a better sense of the real world.  

Lowest un-employment in US history. 

If Trump gets any kind of trade deal signed, you'll be looking at his orangutan head for another four.

Place are still hiring. 

Just my .02c.  

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So his draft dodging didn't bother you?

29 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Or the Racist remarks against Obama?  :lol:

Good God what a hypocrite. 

When you decide to vote for a Republican these are things you have to accept right? Right?

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

He was a good governor but at this point he's jumped the shark.  If he wanted to be a pub president he should have run against Trump in 16 instead of on Johnsons losing ticket. I agree with many of his positions and like that while he knows the political system he's been in and out of politics so has a better sense of the real world.  

this , had he run in 16 as a pub I would have voted for him in the primary