Check your account email address ×

American hacker Jester warns Russia to stop interfering with U.S. election

:usflag:

American hacker Jester warns Russia to stop interfering with U.S. election  

By Bruce Brown  October 23, 2016 6:32 AM

The American vigilante hacker known as Jester (whose signature graphic is shown above) took a swipe at Russia for hacking U.S. sites. The self-described “gray hat” hacker who calls himself “Jester” hacked the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website Friday night. His message: “Stop attacking Americans,” according to CNNMoney.

Anyone who visited the Ministry website after the hack first heard the intentionally loud, annoying, attention-demanding dial tone sound that plays just before American emergency broadcast civil alert messages. Jester’s letter to the Ministry displayed in full on the site’s homepage. The letter, which no longer appears on the site but was still visible Saturday, went into detail about the activities to which The Jester objected.

As summarized by CNNMoney, Jester’s message was, “Comrades! We interrupt regular scheduled Russian Foreign Affairs Website programming to bring you the following important message … Knock it off. You may be able to push around nations around you, but this is America. Nobody is impressed.”

Jester’s complaints about Russian hacking included alleged Russian interfering with American politics. Recently 17 U.S. intelligence agencies accused Russian agencies of being behind hacks into the Democratic National Committee (DNC) emails, leaking information to influence the election toward Donald Trump and away from Hillary Clinton. Russia is also accused of supplying hacked and stolen emails to WikiLeaks.

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin has denied Russian involvement with DNC or other hacking, but the Jester called him out for it. “Let’s get real, I know it’s you, even if by proxy, and you know it’s you. Now, get to your room. Before I lose my temper.”

The Jester, who in the past has actively attacked terrorist activities, told CNNMoney this weekend that his frustration over Friday’s distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks that overloaded significant internet sites in the U.S. led him to attack the Russian Ministry site.

In previous attacks, Jester has alerted federal agencies about potential terrorist threats he learned about by hacking into communications forums. He has also taken down jihadist websites.

There are many Jester imitators, but he has a public Twitter account and a blog. In 2015 CNNMoney profiled the Jester, who claims to be a former U.S. soldier who worked in computer security.

“I realized something needed to be done about online radicalization and ‘grooming’ of wannabe jihadis, and we didn’t have mechanisms to deal with it,” Jester was quoted the CNNMoney profile. “I decided to start disrupting them.”

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/jester-hacks-russian-ministry/

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/jester-hacks-russian-ministry/#ixzz4O1KxxmJd 
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The sheer hypocrisy of the American Govt whining over a country interference with another country's elections is pure gold... I don't condone it, but how about a reality check for once? 

no shit!!!!! fucking yank gubermunts have interfered for years in other countries. love it!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

no shit!!!!! fucking yank gubermunts have interfered for years in other countries. love it!

But our government is pure and innocent :lmao: 

36 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The sheer hypocrisy of the American Govt whining over a country interference with another country's elections is pure gold... I don't condone it, but how about a reality check for once? 

Jester sounds like a patriot.

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin has denied Russian involvement with DNC or other hacking, but the Jester called him out for it. “Let’s get real, I know it’s you, even if by proxy, and you know it’s you. Now, get to your room. Before I lose my temper.”

The Jester, who in the past has actively attacked terrorist activities, told CNNMoney this weekend that his frustration over Friday’s distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks that overloaded significant internet sites in the U.S. led him to attack the Russian Ministry site.

In previous attacks, Jester has alerted federal agencies about potential terrorist threats he learned about by hacking into communications forums. He has also taken down jihadist websites.

There are many Jester imitators, but he has a public Twitter account and a blog. In 2015 CNNMoney profiled the Jester, who claims to be a former U.S. soldier who worked in computer security.

“I realized something needed to be done about online radicalization and ‘grooming’ of wannabe jihadis, and we didn’t have mechanisms to deal with it,” Jester was quoted the CNNMoney profile. “I decided to start disrupting them.”

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

He sounds like another nerd who thinks he has tapped into what is best for me and this country by his own determinations of right and wrong. He can go fuck himself. 

Really?

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Really?

Is that what he has said? Or is that what the DOD, DHS, NSA, etc have said? Again, another conveniently timed "in the know" person coming out for what purpose? Ask yourself that Vince. What purpose does he serve and to what end? If we were to change the narrative, how does that it change his?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

the difference is that america simply kills a whole lot more people than russia. like George Patton said. americans love war. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the difference is that america simply kills a whole lot more people than russia. like George Patton said. americans love war. 

What? Have you ever taken a history course? I mean we can keep it simple, about 5th grade level would help correct that statement about Russia and their death toll... 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

What? Have you ever taken a history course? I mean we can keep it simple, about 5th grade level would help correct that statement about Russia and their death toll... 

oh now russia is the bad guy. :lol:

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

oh now russia is the bad guy. :lol:

Seriously... Do you not know the most basic history of Russia? Not just talking Stalin, Cold war, current regime.... Lol good little Spin, don't let trying to be edgy get in the way of having a clue you dweeb. 

13 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Is that what he has said? Or is that what the DOD, DHS, NSA, etc have said? Again, another conveniently timed "in the know" person coming out for what purpose? Ask yourself that Vince. What purpose does he serve and to what end? If we were to change the narrative, how does that it change his?

The Jester could be the real deal, and if his purpose is to take down jihadi websites I say god bless him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jester_(hacktivist)

Edited by Mileage Psycho
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Seriously... Do you not know the most basic history of Russia? Not just talking Stalin, Cold war, current regime.... Lol good little Spin, don't let trying to be edgy get in the way of having a clue you dweeb. 

have you always been this self absorbed or is it something that you worked at over time? dude, you used to be a lot less tightly wrapped. 

No one speaks like "that". Maybe some DOD civilian who worked on some projects for the DOD, but those are a dime a dozen. 

On April 10, 2012, The Jester gave a live chat interview to a class of Computer Science students at the University of Southern Maine where he confirmed his military service and stated he served four "operational tours".[11]

On December 28, 2010, a DoS attack targeted 4chan.org. On that same day, The Jester tweeted "4chan.org — that looks like a TANGO DOWN (not) maybe you guys pissed off the wrong person trying to (wrongly) ID me?"[6] This tweet is believed to be a reference to claims by 4chan users that The Jester was a man from Montana.[6][21]

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

have you always been this self absorbed or is it something that you worked at over time? dude, you used to be a lot less tightly wrapped. 

You used to post things of substance. Now you post for effect to get a giggle. So maybe you should consider if I changed, or if I am just calling you out for acting like a twat anytime you come on. And the guy who posted under two accounts on the regular on the same site is going to call ME self-absorbed. That is truly rich... 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You used to post things of substance. Now you post for effect to get a giggle. So maybe you should consider if I changed, or if I am just calling you out for acting like a twat anytime you come on. And the guy who posted under two accounts on the regular on the same site is going to call ME self-absorbed. That is truly rich... 

Jesus dude take some time off.

So ....I'm guessing it plays like this

CIA/NSA - Stooge 1  "The public really isnt biting on this "Russia" bit and we have no credibility left to attempt to sway the narrative"

Stooge 2  "What if we have our made up Super Patriot hacker "Jester" claim he is targeting Russia and blame them for the DDOS attacks"

Stooge 1  "Well that isnt going to work on anyone with a functioning brain or under the age of 50 but lets give it a shot"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So ....I'm guessing it plays like this

CIA/NSA - Stooge 1  "The public really isnt biting on this "Russia" bit and we have no credibility left to attempt to sway the narrative"

Stooge 2  "What if we have our made up Super Patriot hacker "Jester" claim he is targeting Russia and blame them for the DDOS attacks"

Stooge 1  "Well that isnt going to work on anyone with a functioning brain or under the age of 50 but lets give it a shot"

Nailed it.