Check your account email address ×

GSP on fighting Kalbib

Rod

Just now, spin_dry said:

Kalbib would hurt him. The stress of preparing would be just as damaging with his condition. Find a beach. Relax. 

I’d predict GSP wins in devastating fashion 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Kalbib would hurt him. The stress of preparing would be just as damaging with his condition. Find a beach. Relax. 

Yes.  It wouldn't even be a close match.  Khabib would destroy GSP.  

6 hours ago, Rapid Anus said:

I’d predict GSP wins in devastating fashion 

You don't know the first thing about the fight game.  I doubt you could even name one active fighter.  

Watch this.  This was just one month ago.  GSP said multiple times his heart isn't into fighting any more.  He specifically said fighting is not his top priority right now.  He has other priorities including family and friends.  At 3:00 GSP was specifically asked "if the phone rang and it was a fight with Khabib would you accept it" and he said he has other things in his life, other priorities, he is working on big things.    

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

Your worthless opinion. Nothing more. 

GSP said it himself.  "The fighter is the last person to know" when it's time to quit.  He knows. That means everyone else knows too.  

Like many people, GSP is my favorite MMA fighter of all times.  There has never been a time that he stepped in the ring and I wanted anything other than complete annihilation from him.  His time is done.  He can't train like he needs to train to contend for the title against the current champ.  He could compete with several top guys including McGregor and others but he isn't competing against Khabib.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

GSP said it himself.  "The fighter is the last person to know" when it's time to quit.  He knows. That means everyone else knows too.  

Like many people, GSP is my favorite MMA fighter of all times.  There has never been a time that he stepped in the ring and I wanted anything other than complete annihilation from him.  His time is done.  He can't train like he needs to train to contend for the title against the current champ.  He could compete with several top guys including McGregor and others but he isn't competing against Khabib.  

If his heart was in it and he was committed to training for it who knows. Obviously if he’s moved on then all bets are off. 

One way GSP attempted to compensate for his age was by adding muscle. It was a good strategy that paid off, but barely. All that extra muscle requires oxygen, but it also brings an added element to his opponent. Kahbib is a different fighter. His youth and ground game would be too much. I like GSP. I want him to just go away and not fulfill any of Dana’s dreams. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

One way GSP attempted to compensate for his age was by adding muscle. It was a good strategy that paid off, but barely. All that extra muscle requires oxygen, but it also brings an added element to his opponent. Kahbib is a different fighter. His youth and ground game would be too much. I like GSP. I want him to just go away and not fulfill any of Dana’s dreams. 

Man it's sad watching these legends bot know when to hang it up

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Third round when GSP gasses. Then he’d turn defensive and maybe milk it to the 4th. 

I'll admit I'm not an avid fan but from what I've seen of khalib he is the most well rounded and dangerous fighter ever. The amount of legit fighters hes made look silly is pretty astounding

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'll admit I'm not an avid fan but from what I've seen of khalib he is the most well rounded and dangerous fighter ever. The amount of legit fighters hes made look silly is pretty astounding

Khabib is the most dominant fighter in the ring today.  28/0 with 18 ko/subs.  Jon Jones is the current P for P king but IMO Khabib is even more dominant.  I don't see anyone dethroning either of these two for a while.  Well, Jones could dethrone himself but no one else will.  

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Kahbib has terrible stand up

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I wouldnt say terrible but his strength is being the best grappler we've ever seen. GSP couldnt defend that 10 years ago let alone today

GSP will rag doll him. Are we forgetting he’d constantly take all Americans and turn them into pretzels?