Check your account email address ×

2020 cat 800 makes 165 hp while in break in mode!

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member

Nice long torque curve.   Right in line with 10 year old skidoo 800 minus the efficiency.   This will be a nice motor.  

What was the correction factor if warm humid air was being used?  

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Jesus run 165.

Heat soaked -8 to -10

Similar to dynotech

Unlikely to lose that much.  Heat soaking is irrelevant because all mils do it. To compare a hot engine power to a cooled one is retarded...on the drag strip or dyno. 

10 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

It’s a cat 800 so yeah 

Yup.  Let’s hope this stays status quo.  I’m weary of adding power to the 800’s but, if there’s anyone I think can do it it’s Cat.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Unlikely to lose that much.  Heat soaking is irrelevant because all mils do it. To compare a hot engine power to a cooled one is retarded...on the drag strip or dyno. 

Yup.  Let’s hope this stays status quo.  I’m weary of adding power to the 800’s but, if there’s anyone I think can do it it’s Cat.

It’s not just the heat soak. It’s the rich mixture from the break in map on a hot pipe that’s doing it 

3 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

It’s not just the heat soak. It’s the rich mixture from the break in map on a hot pipe that’s doing it 

I always wonder why this is even bothered with until these sleds reach a solid break in point.  It just leads to speculation.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I always wonder why this is even bothered with until these sleds reach a solid break in point.  It just leads to speculation.

It’s a good thing IMO. He’s going to do a full post break in pull so then we know the difference. That takes the speculation away 

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Um.  That's exactly the point.  Once out of break in mode how much power will they really make?  

Thanks to bikeman we won’t have to speculate on that soon