Check your account email address ×

f7ben ftmfw

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'll see if I cant get some more time on it tonight or at worst what it looks like tomorrow morning

Its going to be indoors and covered with tile so there's got to be a way to save it.

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup....it will work out. I'm sure of it

I’m really surprised you didn’t have some plastic ready.  I’m slapping your face right now.  You know damn well it should be covered for 24 rain or no rain.

Fuck it, scarify it and tile it if it won’t come clean.

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’m really surprised you didn’t have some plastic ready.  I’m slapping your face right now.  You know damn well it should be covered for 24 rain or no rain.

Fuck it, scarify it and tile it if it won’t come clean.

I had tarps ready...did you not read lol

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I had tarps ready...did you not read lol

I read it.  TarpS (plural) means leakage.  Those are fine with no rain expected or, when shed is possible.  But a fresh pour with rain in the forecast?  6-8 mil poly at the ready.

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I read it.  TarpS (plural) means leakage.  Those are fine with no rain expected or, when shed is possible.  But a fresh pour with rain in the forecast?  6-8 mil poly at the ready.

Yah....I should have had a 40x50 of 6 mil.

I just got off it. It's still workable. Its gonna turn out. It set up enough before the rain started that the water didnt hurt it. The cold temps and moisture slowed the surface down enough where I'm able to still work it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I just got off it. It's still workable. Its gonna turn out. It set up enough before the rain started that the water didnt hurt it. The cold temps and moisture slowed the surface down enough where I'm able to still work it. 

:bc:

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Do you heat with a boiler?  In floor heat would have been nice in that slab. 

I put pex in there and bought a boiler a month ago. I'll have it running as soon as its closed in 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wow. An Electric boiler. I never realized there was such a thing. Modulating too. It has to be almost 100% efficient?  

Would an electric grid heater under the tile be just as good and a lot less trouble?  

We dont have much for electric heat around here. 

On 9/14/2019 at 2:09 PM, AKIQPilot said:

What year and model Speedster is it.  I need a new boat in Havasu and can't afford a new Scarab 195.  :news: 

Have you looked at Rigid inflatables?  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow. An Electric boiler. I never realized there was such a thing. Modulating too. It has to be almost 100% efficient?  

Would an electric grid heater under the tile be just as good and a lot less trouble?  

We dont have much for electric heat around here. 

I have an duel fuel electric panel in the house and only pay about 4.5c per kwh for heat so it made sense. 

My buds said they didnt recomend putting anything but pex in the slab. I considered the electric grid but ultimately the boiler was the better option

Just now, Highmark said:

Have you looked at Rigid inflatables?  

Not really. I want a little sport jet. Something that will go in shallow water. Something that I can pull right up to the beach with. Something to pull a tube with during the day and bar hop with in the evening. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I have an duel fuel electric panel in the house and only pay about 4.5c per kwh for heat so it made sense. 

My buds said they didnt recomend putting anything but pex in the slab. I considered the electric grid but ultimately the boiler was the better option

Pex is the best in the slab for sure. You went with 5/8” or 3/4” pex in the slab. 

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not really. I want a little sport jet. Something that will go in shallow water. Something that I can pull right up to the beach with. Something to pull a tube with during the day and bar hop with in the evening. 

They can pretty much do all that.   Maybe not go into quite as shallow of water as a jet but are extraordinarily better on fuel.   Just picked up and Eagle 5 Brig mid summer and love it.   55 mph with a 115 yammie and it SIPS fuel compared to a jet...especially the twin jets.  They are a bit pricey but very, very nice.   No problem towing tubes even can waterski behind them. 

http://brigboats.com/models/eagle/eagle5/

There is a jet version but they get a bit more pricey. 

http://www.abinflatables.com/ab-jet/jet-tenders/ab-430-xp/#0

This one is seadoo powered.

https://www.williamsjettenders.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuNbsBRC-ARIsAAzITufbe_yX_-VBhrglgGFnaMllm5mEKPug98NETy9M3_UM_AIOySjGWJsaAgv7EALw_wcB

The rigid's ride much better than most the small jetboats after all they are made for ocean going.  Virtually unsinkable with the multiple air chambers.  

Edited by Highmark

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

Nope...steady rain now. It's over. Tarped as best as I could. Its fucked. Wasnt supposed to rain till 9-10pm. Started before 8

:flush:

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They can pretty much do all that.   Maybe not go into quite as shallow of water as a jet but are extraordinarily better on fuel.   Just picked up and Eagle 5 Brig mid summer and love it.   55 mph with a 115 yammie and it SIPS fuel compared to a jet...especially the twin jets.  They are a bit pricey but very, very nice.   No problem towing tubes even can waterski behind them. 

http://brigboats.com/models/eagle/eagle5/

There is a jet version but they get a bit more pricey. 

The rigid's ride much better than most the small jetboats after all they are made for ocean going.  

That does look pretty interesting. What does one of those cost all rigged out with motor and trailer.