Check your account email address ×

Pimco says U.S. Treasury securities could soon have a negative yield

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Credit donkey. :lol: Yeah ok.....those results may be realistic for someone who picks their mutual funds off of a fucking cereal box, but not someone who actually knows what they’re doing.  Besides those numbers are wrong and are only type on investment of the many that are out there.  Stick to gics.

They were talking average returns.  You all seemed to mathematically challenged that I guess I should explain. That means some had better returns and some had worse.  

What are your thoughts on Crusher saying 90% don't beat the index? Are you going to call him a liar and say it's libel?

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

They were talking average returns.  You all seemed to mathematically challenged that I guess I should explain. That means some had better returns and some had worse.  

What are your thoughts on Crusher saying 90% don't beat the index? Are you going to call him a liar and say it's libel?

I’m done here.  No interest in arguing with an ignorant man.  You do what’s best for you. Leave investing advice to the professionals.

Edited by DriftBusta

21 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Its one guys opinion.  Seriously, you’re obviously into this stuff, dont go off half cocked.  WSJ remains best news out there imo.  Best balanced newsprint coverage and latest market news.

Soooo much disinformation out there, maybe for an A share, there are probably 6 different classes of that fund.  I could sell you a no load C share of that fund for zero commission, twice the internal expenses, which kick me back a higher % of 12b1 fees, and your yield would avg out to about 20-30% lower for as long as you hold it.  I wont sell C shares, unless its for a short hold.  Or you could buy the A share version of the same fund where you pay the upfront sales charge one time, and as long as you stay within the same fund family, you exchange it for a different fund for no fees.  And there are breakpoints that can reduce that 5.5 down to zero after a certain level.  The internal expense ratios are about half of a C share and your yields will be about 20-30% higher annually.  Long term buy and hold type investors this remains the cheapest way to get professional advice and invest.  Or, whatmost people are doing now is just getting a fee only-wrap-fee based-fiduciary whatever you want to call it, where you pay an annual fee, that eliminates the sales charge and most of the internal expenses, as well as let you pick and choose from all the investment options instead of limiting you to one fund family. You can also often get many of those funds institutional class for public or private retirement plans, and they too have a bunch of internal expenses that impact the yield.  None of Kevs links would ever tell you any of what I just did.  Or you can do it all yourself, just know what you’re paying.  There is no free lunch.  Mfs midcap growth. You’re welcome.  Btw, the 5.5% you quoted was for the Franklin which was a mutual fund, you only pay going in, but that fund has netted after all fees over 15% annually for 10 years off top of my head, FDN is an etf that you can pay going in and going out unless its in a fee based account.  And it has averaged after fees over 20% annually for past 10:years.  People love to bitch about what things cost, but a good advisor is worth is weight in gold.

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Poor butthurt rain cloud.  Like cherry picking 1-3-5-10-lifetime or ytd?  

https://www.mfs.com/en-us/individual-investor/product-strategies/mutual-funds.html?tabname=performance

I know you hate facts. But if you aren't cherry picking based on past performance how come almost all the mfs funds suck over the last five years?   Their chart stops at 5 years, I would have preferred to look at 10.  But half of those five years have been when your glorious leader was breaking records according to you. 

Click the link, was the average closer to the 15% you were telling Ben to expect or the numbers from credit donkey?

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m done here.  No interest in arguing with an ignorant man.  You do what’s best for you. Leave investing advice to the professionals.

See. You never answer a straight question. 

15 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

The s&p is a tough index to beat.  14% 10 year annual return including dividends.

https://dqydj.com/sp-500-return-calculator/

Lots of valuable info out there for those willing to search funds that shows how well they do within their peers and against measured indexes.

17 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

https://www.mfs.com/en-us/individual-investor/product-strategies/mutual-funds.html?tabname=performance

I know you hate facts. But if you aren't cherry picking based on past performance how come almost all the mfs funds suck over the last five years?   Their chart stops at 5 years, I would have preferred to look at 10.  But half of those five years have been when your glorious leader was breaking records according to you. 

Click the link, was the average closer to the 15% you were telling Ben to expect or the numbers from credit donkey?

What seems to be the common theme driving the overall averages down?

Let's include that against the s&p.:lol:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The s&p is a tough index to beat.  14% 10 year annual return including dividends.

https://dqydj.com/sp-500-return-calculator/

Lots of valuable info out there for those willing to search funds that shows how well they do within their peers and against measured indexes.

it's why index funds are better than many mutual funds

Fidelity 500 Index Fund

Issued on Feb. 17, 1988, by Fidelity, the Fidelity 500 Index Fund provides low-cost exposure to the U.S. large-cap equities market. FXAIX charges an annual net expense ratio of 0.02%. 

Since its inception, the fund has generated 14.98% in annual average returns. To track the underlying index, FXAIX invests at least 80%, under normal market conditions, of its total net assets in common stocks comprising the index. FXAIX has historically tracked the index with a small degree of tracking error. 

FXAIX serves as an alternative to VFINX and SWPPX and is one of the top funds that offers exposure to a basket of common stocks included in the S&P 500 Index. FXAIX may serve as a core holding in a portfolio of U.S. equities.