Check your account email address ×

Trump set to lower prescription drug prices drastically

For a while now US citizens have been coming to Canada for their prescriptions.

Far better prices.

A big one is for insulin. They even have bus trips organized to come for insulin.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Where’s the plan?

So how are you managing health insurance in retirement. For me its my biggest bill by far and I’m lucky enough to be able to buy HI through my old employer.  I cant imagine what it would cost through the exchange. 

32 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So how are you managing health insurance in retirement. For me its my biggest bill by far and I’m lucky enough to be able to buy HI through my old employer.  I cant imagine what it would cost through the exchange. 

The same as you. 

13 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Tax cuts?

Yes and no. He said that the middle class would get the largest break, they didn't. He said guys like him would probably pay more they didn't.

So to make it simple a plan was passed that benefited the ones he said would get the most the least.

4 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Yes and no. He said that the middle class would get the largest break, they didn't. He said guys like him would probably pay more they didn't.

So to make it simple a plan was passed that benefited the ones he said would get the most the least.

Why are the wealthy folks crying about not being able to write off all the RE taxes anymore?

11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

It’s difficult to cut taxes on people that pay little to nothing. 

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

Why are the wealthy folks crying about not being able to write off all the RE taxes anymore?

Same reason the not so wealthy are, they lost a deduction.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Not difficult to cut for hardworking middle class though.

sure it is big chunk of them aren't really paying that much income tax either.  pretty easy to make 100k and pay much less than 15% in taxes.  

Just now, 1jkw said:

Same reason the not so wealthy are, they lost a deduction.

If you’re paying more than 10k in taxes...hard for me to feel sorry for you. Just another example of tax changes not just being beneficial for the rich eh?

Just now, Edmo said:

If you’re paying more than 10k in taxes...hard for me to feel sorry for you. Just another example of tax changes not just being beneficial for the rich eh?

10k is not that much,  figure a family making 100k is solidly middle class and is paying 5-6k in income taxes in most states and a property tax bill in the 4-5k range is not a mansion in a lot of places 

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

NY, NJ, and Conn., are states where that amount is normal, Conn. also is a state that already pays the highest amount of Fed. taxes.

While all changes may not have benefitted the rich MOST did.

Edited by 1jkw

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

NY, NJ, and Conn., are states where that amount is normal, Conn. also is a state that already pays the highest amount of Fed. taxes.

While all changes may not have benefitted the rich MOST did.

That’s because they pay most of the taxes. How are going to get any benefit from a tax cut if you don’t pay anything or very little?