XC.Morrison

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • XC.Morrison
  • Members
  • 1,557 posts
  • Current Sled: 1998 Polaris XC 700
1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

She claims to be a supporter of the miccleclass. Yet chooses to live in a town that dosnt have a middle class. Maybe she dosnt know what middle class is.

She doesn't live in Cambridge just for funzies.  Her husband's job is being a professor at Harvard. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, steve from amherst said:

XC.Morrison

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • XC.Morrison
  • Members
  • 1,557 posts
  • Current Sled: 1998 Polaris XC 700

She doesn't live in Cambridge just for funzies.  Her husband's job is being a professor at Harvard. 

"just for funzies"     

Translation:  not for no reason, ie:  not just to be snobbish, bougie, uppity

It was logical to buy a home in close proximity to where she and her husband were both professors at the time of purchase and he still works there from what I know.

How long did the dem lying squaw from MA  ever have a private sector job outside of sucking on the gubbermint tit and  in higher   liberal  backslapping  academia ??

Edited by hwytohell

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

How long did the dem lying squaw from MA  ever have a private sector job outside of sucking on the gubbermint tit and  in higher   liberal  backslapping  academia ??

Ronald Reagan was an actor then went into politics.....jus sayin.

18 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

All d/r  shyster political  hopefuls are actors.  

Salesperson would be the profession I find most apropos.  They have to sell themselves.  Some certainly have more integrity than others so I disagree strongly on “same” which I understand is the in vogue thing for fringe, “above it all” types to apply universally.  I find it to be a rather lazy critique.  

32 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

All d/r  shyster political  hopefuls are actors.  

7 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Salesperson would be the profession I find most apropos.  They have to sell themselves.  Some certainly have more integrity than others so I disagree strongly on “same” which I understand is the in vogue thing for fringe, “above it all” types to apply universally.  I find it to be a rather lazy critique.  

I’d say actors and salespeople.  More emphasis on acting (lying).  Salespeople that lie and produce nothing are out of work quickly, actors who are really good at lying are employed for decades.

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’d say actors and salespeople.  More emphasis on acting (lying).  Salespeople that lie and produce nothing are out of work quickly, actors who are really good at lying are employed for decades.

Actors only provide entertainment though - which I guess explains Trump.  The media is having a hay day on increased viewership since he came down the escalator cheered on by a group of paid actors.  

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

Actors only provide entertainment though - which I guess explains Trump.  The media is having a hay day on increased viewership since he came down the escalator cheered on by a group of paid actors.  

Do you try to miss points?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Do you try to miss points?

I got your point and it’s actually one of your more keen insights.  Being a greater liar has obviously yielded lengthy careers for some politicians despite not always “producing”.  Those are the ones who are so skilled at lying that they convince people that they have in fact delivered.  My counter point is that salespeople who lie are not actors; they just lack integrity.  Acting is strictly lying for entertainment purposes rather than deception. In fact I’m not even sure it’s correct to say that actors are lying on set as that implies deceit.  Nobody on set or in the audience is truly deceived.   When we watch movies, we know Matt Damon isn’t actually on Mars and we are delivered entertainment we paid for.  In that way, acting is an honest profession.  

In terms of lying and deceptive politics I’ll offer this:

“Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov

Edited by XC.Morrison

3 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

To me, the word “elitist” is an all but meaningless word thrown around as some kind of slur.  Being associated with Harvard is not toxic.  8 of 45 of our Presidents have Harvard degrees.  I guarantee you nobody considering voting for her is going to say, “Ya know what - I like her policy ideas but having been a Harvard professor is a deal breaker for me.”  

Well her policies are one implausible dream after another. Each week of her on the campaign trail brings us more unfunded freebies that could not get the time of day when the Dems ran the house, Senate and White House. She has the same problem Kerry had and Dukakis they don't connect with voters. And by voters I mean swing voters as 30% are going to pull the Dem lever no matter who is at the top of the ticket.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Well her policies are one implausible dream after another. Each week of her on the campaign trail brings us more unfunded freebies that could not get the time of day when the Dems ran the house, Senate and White House. She has the same problem Kerry had and Dukakis they don't connect with voters. And by voters I mean swing voters as 30% are going to pull the Dem lever no matter who is at the top of the ticket.

The funny part about her " new weekly law" is that bills don't start with the president, they start in congress. So if she is going to do all this great stuff why hasn't she sponsored a bill to do it now , while she is in a position to actually do it.