Check your account email address ×

Does money make you mean?

personally, no, it pleases me and makes me happy. Some, if they got the money by being cruel and ruthless one could say money made tham mean, or one could say that they were mean to begin with. money really does not make you anything, you decide whom you will be.

• Thanks 1

I was thinking similar.  It makes them more callous, which the speaker did conclude in the study.  I don't think anyone would be surprised that money making is a ruthless business.

I would also be interested in the converse side of this study.  Did the player with the lesser hand give up more easily, did they exhibit victim mentality, etc.  Perhaps there is a balance on both ends.

Edited by F3600

20 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

personally, no, it pleases me and makes me happy. Some, if they got the money by being cruel and ruthless one could say money made tham mean, or one could say that they were mean to begin with. money really does not make you anything, you decide whom you will be.

Usually it balances itself out.  A-holes who got their wealth shafting others usually doesn't last, same as overly goody two shoes.   Good/ bad/mean can all be greed chasers.  Just look at distributing family wealth among siblings.:lol:

32 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Usually it balances itself out.  A-holes who got their wealth shafting others usually doesn't last, same as overly goody two shoes.   Good/ bad/mean can all be greed chasers.  Just look at distributing family wealth among siblings.:lol:

just look at barb's dad, he must not be mean. Supports a retarded kid.

Edited by ManOnManOral