Check your account email address ×

More Wasteful Spending

• Platinum Contributing Member

Actually it sounds restoring this land will help prevent flooding and algae blooms in Lake Mendota...maybe a few more positives than you realize.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Actually it sounds restoring this land will help prevent flooding and algae blooms in Lake Mendota...maybe a few more positives than you realize.

Of stop thinking past next Tuesday.

49 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Does it help infrastructure?   NOPE

Promote jobs?  NOPE

Help Tax revenue?  NOPE

Liberals are a fucking joke when it comes to this shit.

Spoken like a true conservative. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Not one person on this forum would spend this type of money per acre.  It's much easier to spend when it comes from thousands of pockets that don't have a choice.    

A lot of people don’t have kids in school either yet they pay for them....it’s called a society...if you are going to cry about everything move off the grid and don’t pay your taxes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Not one person on this forum would spend this type of money per acre.  It's much easier to spend when it comes from thousands of pockets that don't have a choice.    

Nailed it.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A lot of people don’t have kids in school either yet they pay for them....it’s called a society...if you are going to cry about everything move off the grid and don’t pay your taxes.

True but, this is blatantly wasteful.  Good on the owner tho....for realizing the idiots they were dealing with and cashing in.  That smile by a seller hasn’t been seen since the seller of Spinner’s house closed.

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There is a difference, and apparently you can't see or understand it.  What is the $$$ amount  that would cause you to take a stand?  This is not "society", there is no ROI, like education, on this type of wasteful spending?

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nailed it.  

True but, this is blatantly wasteful.  Good on the owner tho....for realizing the idiots they were dealing with and cashing in.  That smile by a seller hasn’t been seen since the seller of Spinner’s house closed.

The owner can then use that money and spend it at local businesses which will stimulate the economy though, so there's still something in it for the "how's this going to help monetarily, fuck the environment" crowd.  Hell, they may even be able to sell Dane County treasury bonds to China to cover the cost and then claim that China paid for it all.  It's all in how you market it.

11 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

The owner can then use that money and spend it at local businesses which will stimulate the economy though, so there's still something in it for the "how's this going to help monetarily, fuck the environment" crowd.  Hell, they may even be able to sell Dane County treasury bonds to China to cover the cost and then claim that China paid for it all.  It's all in how you market it.

Holy fucking shit.

Always pick turds up with your bare hands, just grab the clean end of it.  That way, you won’t have to wash afterwards.

17 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

The only way to market a sale of land for $60,000 an acre is to the county and friends that control the county pocket book....no one person is going to pay that around here for a fucking park.  Good thing that inheritance tax exemption is just a bit higher than the 10 million......

Edited by racer254

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The only way to market a sale of land for $60,000 an acre is to the county and friends that control the county pocket book....no one person is going to pay that around here for a fucking park.  Good thing that inheritance tax exemption is just a bit higher than the 10 million......

Well, that’s not entirely accurate.  Land is worth what you can get for it.  It just doesn’t sound like this piece was worth the  price paid....at all.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, that’s not entirely accurate.  Land is worth what you can get for it.  It just doesn’t sound at all like this was worth the  price paid....at all.

No it wasn't, the biggest issue is not what the owners got for it, but it's who continues to pay this amount.  Private builders and investors are fine but they are not paying it, Dane County has been overpaying to make swamps and farm land into parks.  The county continually pays way more than what land is worth for parks and when that happens, you loose money in tax revenue etc.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, that’s not entirely accurate.  Land is worth what you can get for it.  It just doesn’t sound like this piece was worth the  price paid....at all.

Well, these types of areas always have more perceived value in the eyes of hippies than sx'ers, so it's all relative.  There's a lot of hippies in Dane county so it's not really surprising that the people who represent them would mirror that thinking.  Nobody is trying to claim that it's somehow worth it strictly from a monetary return on investment standpoint, right?  But the memories hippies will have of taking their children to visit the area and the peace of mind of knowing that you are preserving it for future generations, those are priceless to them

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

Well, these types of areas always have more perceived value in the eyes of hippies than sx'ers, so it's all relative.  There's a lot of hippies in Dane county so it's not really surprising that the people who represent them would mirror that thinking.  Nobody is trying to claim that it's somehow worth it strictly from a monetary return on investment standpoint, right?  But the memories hippies will have of taking their children to visit the area and the peace of mind of knowing that you are preserving it for future generations, those are priceless to them

Why the fuck are we listening to god damn hippies?  :lol:

8 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I definitely agree with you, but let them go buy some land with their own money.  Why is it that the taxpayers have to cover their hippie utopia?

23 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I definitely agree with you, but let them go buy some land with their own money.  Why is it that the taxpayers have to cover their hippie utopia?

I think many of the taxpayers in Dane County are hippies.  I highly doubt Zam sees Saint Louis county undertaking these sorts of things as I'm assuming there are less hippies there. 

Somewhere on FreedomHiker right now, I bet there's a hippy saying something like they wish you would just go fund some military with your own money. 

Edited by XC.Morrison

22 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I think many of the taxpayers in Dane County are hippies.  I highly doubt Zam sees Saint Louis county undertaking these sorts of things as I'm assuming there are less hippies there. 

Somewhere on FreedomHiker right now, I bet there's a hippy saying something like they wish you would just go fund some military with your own money. 

Sorry, but there is no justification for spending 5 times what something is worth, especially when using taxpayer dollars to do it.

Just now, racer254 said:

Sorry, but there is no justification for spending 5 times what something is worth, especially when using taxpayer dollars to do it.

To you, its not worth it.  Dane country is more than just you.  I wouldn't pay a dime for an Ostrich jacket, but Paul Manafort thought it was worth $15,000. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

To you, its not worth it.  Dane country is more than just you.  I wouldn't pay a dime for an Ostrich jacket, but Paul Manafort thought it was worth $15,000. 

Did he over pay for it?  I don't know and really don't care since it was HIS MONEY.  I would have a big problem with it if he was using taxpayer money to buy ostrich and python jackets, for sure.