Check your account email address ×

More Wasteful Spending

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

One mile of an urban 4 lane hwy is $8 million. Given the importance of this strip of land for recreation and clean water for a major city waterway, it’s worth it. 

Can you provide a link for your information. 

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Did he over pay for it?  I don't know and really don't care since it was HIS MONEY.  I would have a big problem with it if he was using taxpayer money to buy ostrich and python jackets, for sure.

This 160 acre property was listed for sale by Acker Middleton Farms at $14,500,000 and they negotiated down to $9, 973,900.  So they saved over $4 million off asking.  You ever swim in Lake Mendota?  I have.  It’s a skuzz hole.  If this project helps contain the algae there then that benefit alone sounds worth the cost to me.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A lot of people don’t have kids in school either yet they pay for them....it’s called a society...if you are going to cry about everything move off the grid and don’t pay your taxes.

Or work for cash and only show enough income so that ya don't owe any. There is always that option.

13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Actually it sounds restoring this land will help prevent flooding and algae blooms in Lake Mendota...maybe a few more positives than you realize.

62500 per acre sound pretty steep for raw land . looks like average per acre farm land around Madison is around 8g per acre .

some one in the politacal circle  got paid . usually how this shit goes 

Screenshot_20190517-214140.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder