Check your account email address ×

Watch Ocasio-Cortez Ask Pharma CEO Why HIV Drug Costs $8 Overseas But $1,780 in the US

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah well our system is awesome if you can afford it. Otherwise it's non-existent. 

Not true.  Everyone in America has access to medical care in one form or another.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Not true.  Everyone in America has access to medical care in one form or another.

You can go to an emergency room but I know several people who had cancer and couldn't get insurance and couldn't afford the treatments. It's great if your not sick tho!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

You can go to an emergency room but I know several people who had cancer and couldn't get insurance and couldn't afford the treatments. It's great if your not sick tho!

They should have gotten a lawyer and signed up for SS.

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

The false “guarantee” of a long life is expensive and you most assuredly get what you pay for.  The only people that should get the best “guarantee” for free are our illustrious DC “servants of the people”.

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah well our system is awesome if you can afford it. Otherwise it's non-existent. 

I was shocked lately from my small area how many are going to the states for treatment. 

For non emergent testing and surgeries I think there should be a pay option. It’s working for MRI in Saskatchewan. If you pay for one the place that does the scan does a person waiting on the public list for free. Amazing concept. Federal liberals and ndp absolutely hate it 

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The false “guarantee” of a long life is expensive and you most assuredly get what you pay for.  The only people that should get the best “guarantee” for free are our illustrious DC “servants of the people”.

This is exactly what I'm talking about...blather just for the sake of blathering. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about...blather just for the sake of blathering. 

It’s pretty simple context with some sarcasm at the end.

Where did it lose you?

3 hours ago, Anler said:

That doesn’t happen in Canada. You don’t have to sell your house to afford medical treatment. 

My niece spent 8 weeks in intensive care, my dad had a quintuple bypass and after that I decided I can no longer bitch about taxes. 

50 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

That doesn’t happen in Canada. You don’t have to sell your house to afford medical treatment. 

My niece spent 8 weeks in intensive care, my dad had a quintuple bypass and after that I decided I can no longer bitch about taxes. 

We spend our tax dollars on wars so...

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

We spend our tax dollars on wars so...

True.  If I owned a business that made military weapons, I'd be able to afford the best health care on the planet.  

If I was one of the poor fuckers that believed all that USA USA bullshit and ended up in Watter Reid, things wouldn't be as rosy. 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

not everything is covered by the province...