Check your account email address ×

Climate change: no hyperbole or rhetoric, just the science

You’d be hard pressed to find someone more qualified than Richard Lindzen to speak on this subject. Long vid but if you ever have a long commute it’s very informative. Just the facts and science and dissecting the actual IPCC reports.  It’s nice to hear the actually facts rather than the religious dogma rhetoric.  The populace needs to be better educated on this subject 

bill nye tried debating this Guy a bit and got made to look like a fool 

https://youtu.be/aBq3wZ4F5UA 

18 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

You’d be hard pressed to find someone more qualified than Richard Lindzen to speak on this subject. Long vid but if you ever have a long commute it’s very informative. Just the facts and science and dissecting the actual IPCC reports.  It’s nice to hear the actually facts rather than the religious dogma rhetoric.  The populace needs to be better educated on this subject 

Follow the money:  https://www.desmogblog.com/richard-lindzen

As part of a March 2018 legal case between the cities of San Francisco and Oakland and fossil fuel companies, Lindzen was asked by the judge to disclose any connections he had to connected parties. [94]

In response, Lindzen reported that he had received $25,000 per year for his position at the Cato Institute since 2013. He also disclosed $1,500 from the Texas Public Policy Foundation for a “climate science lecture” in 2017, and approximately $30,000 from Peabody Coal in connection to testimony Lindzen gave at a proceeding of the Minnesota Public Utilities Commissions in September 2015. [98]

February 23, 2017

Richard Lindzen was behind a petition (PDF) urging President Donald Trump to pull the United States out of the United Nations international convention on climate change (UNFCCC). [70]

In just a few weeks, more than 300 eminent scientists and other qualified individuals from around the world have signed the petition below,” Lindzen wrote in the letter.  [70]

Media outlets including Fox NewsThe Hill, and the Daily Caller reported on the list, describing signatories as “eminent scientists” and “qualified individuals.” [71][72][73]

DeSmog investigated the list, and found that only a small handful of the signatories could be considered “even remotely ‘qualified’ or ‘eminent’ — but not in the field of climate science.” The list included individuals “interested in climate,” and one signatory who only identified as an “emailer who wished to sign the petition” while some signers provided no affiliation or address whatsoever. [74]

Notable signatories included the following:

Following Lindzen's open letter, MIT's own climate researchers and faculty responding with their own open letter to the president, InsideClimateNews reported. [91]

“As [Lindzen's] colleagues at MIT in the Program in Atmospheres, Oceans and Climate, all of whom are actively involved in understanding climate, we write to make it clear that this is not a view shared by us, or by the overwhelming majority of other scientists who have devoted their professional lives to careful study of climate science,” said the letter, signed by current and retired MIT professors. [91]

4 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

I had quite the conversation with a "climate scientist" this past weekend down at my trailer. I did not know this person was a "climate scientist" but knew she had worked in the cancer research field before.

Long story short, after a few of us were conversing about how cold and shitty it was out for a May 11th weekend, someone mentioned global warming to which I laughed and said yep, here's your proof. 

This girl/lady who I know somewhat jumped down my throat and said how dare I !!  Needless to say it surprised me, especially when she said she was a climate scientist. 

We had a good discussion, although somewhat heated at first, but it surprised me she never heard of the Medieval warming period nor that there was evidence of palm trees and wildlife found in the arctic in core samples. 

Not to get into all the details but we both agreed to look at things from both sides. She said she would look up those 2 things I told her and I told her I'd look at some computer models that the alarmists like to use. :D

Today I watched a Smithsonian show on TV about the major tornadoes that happened on April 3rd 1974. I was 10 at the time but either wasn't aware this happened or forgot?

After watching it and seeing the magnitude/damage and the loss of life these tornadoes caused back then, I couldn't help but think how many, if this were to happen today, would blame all this on Man Made Global Warming nowadays. 

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Follow the money:  https://www.desmogblog.com/richard-lindzen

As part of a March 2018 legal case between the cities of San Francisco and Oakland and fossil fuel companies, Lindzen was asked by the judge to disclose any connections he had to connected parties. [94]

In response, Lindzen reported that he had received $25,000 per year for his position at the Cato Institute since 2013. He also disclosed $1,500 from the Texas Public Policy Foundation for a “climate science lecture” in 2017, and approximately $30,000 from Peabody Coal in connection to testimony Lindzen gave at a proceeding of the Minnesota Public Utilities Commissions in September 2015. [98]

February 23, 2017

Richard Lindzen was behind a petition (PDF) urging President Donald Trump to pull the United States out of the United Nations international convention on climate change (UNFCCC). [70]

In just a few weeks, more than 300 eminent scientists and other qualified individuals from around the world have signed the petition below,” Lindzen wrote in the letter.  [70]

Media outlets including Fox NewsThe Hill, and the Daily Caller reported on the list, describing signatories as “eminent scientists” and “qualified individuals.” [71][72][73]

DeSmog investigated the list, and found that only a small handful of the signatories could be considered “even remotely ‘qualified’ or ‘eminent’ — but not in the field of climate science.” The list included individuals “interested in climate,” and one signatory who only identified as an “emailer who wished to sign the petition” while some signers provided no affiliation or address whatsoever. [74]

Notable signatories included the following:

Following Lindzen's open letter, MIT's own climate researchers and faculty responding with their own open letter to the president, InsideClimateNews reported. [91]

“As [Lindzen's] colleagues at MIT in the Program in Atmospheres, Oceans and Climate, all of whom are actively involved in understanding climate, we write to make it clear that this is not a view shared by us, or by the overwhelming majority of other scientists who have devoted their professional lives to careful study of climate science,” said the letter, signed by current and retired MIT professors. [91]

Despute the facts he presented. you cannot, mostly as you are unwilling to learn.

5 minutes ago, irv said:

I had quite the conversation with a "climate scientist" this past weekend down at my trailer. I did not know this person was a "climate scientist" but knew she had worked in the cancer research field before.

Long story short, after a few of us were conversing about how cold and shitty it was out for a May 11th weekend, someone mentioned global warming to which I laughed and said yep, here's your proof. 

This girl/lady who I know somewhat jumped down my throat and said how dare I !!  Needless to say it surprised me, especially when she said she was a climate scientist. 

We had a good discussion, although somewhat heated at first, but it surprised me she never heard of the Medieval warming period nor that there was evidence of palm trees and wildlife found in the arctic in core samples. 

Not to get into all the details but we both agreed to look at things from both sides. She said she would look up those 2 things I told her and I told her I'd look at some computer models that the alarmists like to use. :D

Today I watched a Smithsonian show on TV about the major tornadoes that happened on April 3rd 1974. I was 10 at the time but either wasn't aware this happened or forgot?

After watching it and seeing the magnitude/damage and the loss of life these tornadoes caused back then, I couldn't help but think how many, if this were to happen today, would blame all this on Man Made Global Warming nowadays. 

People become upset because it has turned into a secular religion, and the actual science of climate change really shakes up their axioms 

Lindzen said it well. If you want to use scare tactics you should at least be scientifically correct 

Just now, DUMPY said:

People become upset because it has turned into a secular religion, and the actual science of climate change really shakes up their axioms 

Lindzen said it well. If you want to use scare tactics you should at least be scientifically correct 

I've noticed time and time again the alarmists are incapable of having a good debate about it. When they lose things to talk about after one has put them on the spot, out comes the name calling like racist, denier, anti-vaxxer, etc. 

Computer modeling and fear tactics is all they have but they ignore decade upon decade of previous scientific research that shows the earth has always changed and always will whether man is here or not. 

climate21.jpg

9 minutes ago, irv said:

I've noticed time and time again the alarmists are incapable of having a good debate about it. When they lose things to talk about after one has put them on the spot, out comes the name calling like racist, denier, anti-vaxxer, etc. 

Computer modeling and fear tactics is all they have but they ignore decade upon decade of previous scientific research that shows the earth has always changed and always will whether man is here or not. 

climate21.jpg

Nice meme.  Common sense isn't funded by corrupt politicians but the sources you listen to are funded by the fossil fuel industry 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Nice meme.  Common sense isn't funded by corrupt politicians but the sources you listen to are funded by the fossil fuel industry 

While the ones you listen too are funded by governments and/or groups that will benefit from added revenue streams.

Edited by Kivalo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Will Happer, a very renowned physicist who used to over see government grants, said nobody is more conflicted than a government funded scientist 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

While the ones you listen too are funded by governments and/or groups that will benefit from added revenue streams.

Who threw more money at this the fossil fuel industry or universities and Government?

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Who threw more money at this the fossil fuel industry or universities and Government?

I bet that's a difficult question  to truthfully answer.

• Thanks 1

Lindzen directly called out bill nye and told him if he was going to issue scare tactics he should at least be scientifically correct :lol: 

science didn’t go well the nye the science guy 

Nye=:owned:

Funny how the Global warming alarmists use celebrities like, Nye, Gore, Dicaprio, Suzuki. etc, to help get their fake message across. I liken it to big businesses using celebrities to pander their wares. There is no difference here.

Just like the masses purchase Coke or Pepsi based on that celebrity plug, the alarmists like Kevvy lap it up like its gospel. :lol:

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, irv said:

Funny how the Global warming alarmists use celebrities like, Nye, Gore, Dicaprio, Suzuki. etc, to help get their fake message across. I liken it to big businesses using celebrities to pander their wares. There is no difference here.

Just like the masses purchase Coke or Pepsi based on that celebrity plug, the alarmists like Kevvy lap it up like its gospel. :lol:

Coke > Pepsi

Cindy Crawford repped Pepsi so...

:bc:

15 minutes ago, irv said:

If you read the history of religion, you will see the parallels in how they sold the religion and then forced people to abide by it. All religions are the same. This is a new religion. It is a means to control people. It is a way in which to justify taxes that are beyond high and to the point where government picks and chooses where you can go and what you can do based on economic restrictions. The brainwashing of youth in schools is paramount to the sale of this new dogma. Not one single person in the western world can or will give up using fossil fuel, or oil related byproducts, yet millions will cheer on and promote the destruction of our lifestyle that only affordable energy can provide. These people are brainwashed morons unable to understand how we came to live the way we do and the fail to understand how we lived prior to industrialization. Not one of these idiots could survive for five days without oil.y This Kev moron is a prime example 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Even Exxon Mobile us pushing c02 emissions as bad!! It’s hilarious to think how brain washed people are!! 

Will Happer mentioned that. It’s bizzarre 

1 hour ago, irv said:

I’m not familiar with his work but he’s wrong lmao. You could tell he was cheesed 

Another brilliant mind calls the climate change alarmism a religion. His synopsis is yes the climate is changing, man plays a small role, the alarmism is baseless and the warming is a positive thing 

8 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

Another brilliant mind calls the climate change alarmism a religion. His synopsis is yes the climate is changing, man plays a small role, the alarmism is baseless and the warming is a positive thing 

I argued with Neal for years on climate change. I actually used to believe in it. I got really heavy into research about it and being open minded I listed to the other side who’s arguments and facts made more sense.  

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I argued with Neal for years on climate change. I actually used to believe in it. I got really heavy into research about it and being open minded I listed to the other side who’s arguments and facts made more sense.  

The non alarmist side defiantly makes more sense. And there’s many brilliant scientists saying the alarmism is without cause 

2 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

If you read the history of religion, you will see the parallels in how they sold the religion and then forced people to abide by it. All religions are the same. This is a new religion. It is a means to control people. It is a way in which to justify taxes that are beyond high and to the point where government picks and chooses where you can go and what you can do based on economic restrictions. The brainwashing of youth in schools is paramount to the sale of this new dogma. Not one single person in the western world can or will give up using fossil fuel, or oil related byproducts, yet millions will cheer on and promote the destruction of our lifestyle that only affordable energy can provide. These people are brainwashed morons unable to understand how we came to live the way we do and the fail to understand how we lived prior to industrialization. Not one of these idiots could survive for five days without oil.y This Kev moron is a prime example 

I agree and I also see the brainwashing of children which absolutely disgusts me. My son's views and especially his girlfriend's are proof of that. I wonder how many remember Hitler doing the same thing, using children to sell his agenda? He fooled almost 70 million people and how did that turn out for him?  https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-nazi-normalized-anti-semitism-appealing-children-180959539/

1 hour ago, DUMPY said:

I’m not familiar with his work but he’s wrong lmao. You could tell he was cheesed 

Bill Nye is a piece of shit!! He is not a scientist at all but rather just a science communicator. His biggest claim to fame, and why the alarmist movement uses him, is because of his fame being a TV presenter.

Nye actually said, "Older people need to "die" out before climate science can advance". The guy is a certifiable nutbar but gets paid handsomely for his climate fear mongering. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bill-nye-older-people-need-to-die-out-before-climate-science-can-advance  https://www.cnet.com/news/bill-nye-cant-wait-for-more-old-people-to-die/  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/20/bill-nye-climate-science-needs-older-generations-t/

This is his latest just a day ago. Ironically, Catherine "Climate Barbie" Mckenna said basically the same thing today and wants to declare a climate emergency in Canada.  https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-bill-nye-john-oliver-video-planet-fire-last-week-tonight-a8912571.html

climate5.jpg

Edited by irv

2 hours ago, DUMPY said:

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

1 hour ago, irv said:

I agree and I also see the brainwashing of children which absolutely disgusts me. My son's views and especially his girlfriend's are proof of that. I wonder how many remember Hitler doing the same thing, using children to sell his agenda? He fooled almost 70 million people and how did that turn out for him?  https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-nazi-normalized-anti-semitism-appealing-children-180959539/

Bill Nye is a piece of shit!! He is not a scientist at all but rather just a science communicator. His biggest claim to fame, and why the alarmist movement uses him, is because of his fame being a TV presenter.

Nye actually said, "Older people need to "die" out before climate science can advance". The guy is a certifiable nutbar but gets paid handsomely for his climate fear mongering. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bill-nye-older-people-need-to-die-out-before-climate-science-can-advance  https://www.cnet.com/news/bill-nye-cant-wait-for-more-old-people-to-die/  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/20/bill-nye-climate-science-needs-older-generations-t/

This is his latest just a day ago. Ironically, Catherine "Climate Barbie" Mckenna said basically the same thing today and wants to declare a climate emergency in Canada.  https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-bill-nye-john-oliver-video-planet-fire-last-week-tonight-a8912571.html

climate5.jpg

Did you three meet at a flat earth society meeting?  I hear they have chapters around the globe. 

2 hours ago, irv said:

climate5.jpg

That planet is on fire vid is just so completely wrong lmao 

they have to fuck with the models hard to get to 5-8 degrees. It’s just not accurate.

i seen one guy tried to tell Lindzen that the planet may warm 5* in 100 years. Lindzen nailed him hard on that one with facts. After it was over the guy conceded and said “yeah 5* is unlikely, but 2-3* might happen”  lmao. That’s also unlikely