Check your account email address ×

Trump could cost future retirees billions

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I retired last week. Life is quite good at the moment. :) 

My recent vacation put a great big smile on my face. A recent windfall sealed the deal. Enjoy, partner.  

Congrats Greg!!!!

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, well..I'm glad for you then!  Congrats!  I think you are still relatively young though so, I hope you have a hobby planned.  After a year or so of "I'm gonna do fuck all and fuck you!" Boredom creeps in and so does a bizarre feeling of playing "hooky" for no good reason (My wife only lasted about 6 months...LOL...she's a busy body type).  Now, I stay busy at the level I want and dictate what kinda $$$ gets me moving....and it's more fun because I don't really need to do it.  It's weird.   :dunno:  

That was my first thought too.  :lol: 

The trip to the Caribbean and the recent death of my ex-wife has me rethinking a lot. She died of a heart attack at age 63. We still had a good relationship. Both of have therapy dogs and that remained our mutual passion. We were together 30 years before agreeing to part ways. I’ve never spent so much time with any human being. Certainly makes one reset values and goals. Also has me contemplating the afterlife. Strange days these are. Another chapter. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so you are saying your other screen name was not crying over meals on wheels . 

Meals on wheels is an effective program in certain regions of the country. 

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Don't blame ya. A motorcycle ride thru the mountain west is always fun too.

Been there done that. Many times. bear tooth canyon is amazing. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The trip to the Caribbean and the recent death of my ex-wife has me rethinking a lot. She died of a heart attack at age 63. We still had a good relationship. Both of have therapy dogs and that remained our mutual passion. We were together 30 years before agreeing to part ways. I’ve never spent so much time with any human being. Certainly makes one reset values and goals. Also has me contemplating the afterlife. Strange days these are. Another chapter. 

Really sorry to hear that.....also there is no such thing as afterlife. Just life. Enjoy what time you have and be thankful you weren't born in some god forsaken shithole

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Really sorry to hear that.....also there is no such thing as afterlife. Just life. Enjoy what time you have and be thankful you weren't born in some god forsaken shithole

I’m not arrogant enough to say that with certainty. This death was different for me. The idea that her consciousness, experience, and creativity simply winked out doesn’t sit right with me. 

I do agree with the enjoyment aspect. 100% 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’m not arrogant enough to say that with certainty. This death was different for me. The idea that her consciousness, experience, and creativity simply winked out doesn’t sit right with me. 

I do agree with the enjoyment aspect. 100% 

Please take my commentary with a grain of salt.....I'm an agnostic. I'm not proud enough to say "I know"......if there is a god or an afterlife I'm quite certain nothing I've ever heard or been taught describes it. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Please take my commentary with a grain of salt.....I'm an agnostic. I'm not proud enough to say "I know"......if there is a god or an afterlife I'm quite certain nothing I've ever heard or been taught describes it. 

Same here. It would be something no one can grasp. Like a neanderthal trying to make sense of a coffee maker. 

Edited by spin_dry

Just now, spin_dry said:

Same here. It would be something no one can grasp. Like a neanderthal trying to make sense of a coffee maker. 

Yup

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A lot of folks that have died and brought back to life describe descending down a tunnel with a light at the end. I always wondered what was at the end of that tunnel. :dunno: I’m not a religious person either.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

A lot of folks that have died and brought back to life describe descending down a tunnel with a light at the end. I always wondered what was at the end of that tunnel. :dunno: I’m not a religious person either.

That experience can be recreated with magnetic resonance targeted at certain regions of the brain. Simulating the dying brain. So there’s that. 

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

They see that because that's the shit that's been engrained in their subconscious psyche for ever. The brain is a complicated thing and is able to reproduce situations or expectations of situations during trauma. 

It's simple to explain 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

That experience can be recreated with magnetic resonance targeted at certain regions of the brain. Simulating the dying brain. So there’s that. 

Yes

28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sorry to hear that.  How bizarre.  I don’t contemplate the ultimate ending much but, I hope there is something available for me  Like, options or something?!?!  :lmao:

8DD1E185-65F3-4B58-AED2-14AA24758222.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Agnostic- A hopeful atheist.  Or cowardly one.  I’ve heard both.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Agnostic- A hopeful atheist.  Or cowardly one.  I’ve heard both.

Or someone suffering from overt realism and lack of toxic ego. 

Why in the fuck would I tell someone else what to think when neither myself nor anyone else has the slightest fucking clue 

Just now, f7ben said:

Or someone suffering from overt realism and lack of toxic ego. 

Why in the fuck would I tell someone else what to think when neither myself nor anyone else has the slightest fucking clue 

Why would you tell someone what to think?  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why would you tell someone what to think?  

Concerning religion or the origins of life or other existential fodder.

Quit being a dumbfuck