Check your account email address ×

first 1/4 GDP beats estimates by almost 1 %

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Dosnt need to rise anymore. Right where it is is good. Too hot of an economy can fuck things up worse then a slow one.

It does to cover the increased Gov. spending.  True enough that growth yearly above 3.4% will cause inflation, not just 1 Quarter though.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 4/26/2019 at 3:40 PM, 1jkw said:

And you have never had 1% of bad things to say about Trump as you did Obama either.

Wrong.   I have been critical of spending under Trump however you seem to not be able to understand just because one is for tax cuts does not mean one is for higher deficits.  

6 hours ago, 1jkw said:

It does to cover the increased Gov. spending.  True enough that growth yearly above 3.4% will cause inflation, not just 1 Quarter though.

It's not even the inflation, it's the bullshit that comes with a boom.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Wrong.   I have been critical of spending under Trump however you seem to not be able to understand just because one is for tax cuts does not mean one is for higher deficits.  

I understand that the tax cuts have caused higher deficits. I understand that increasing Fed. spending at the same time as cutting taxes has NEVER reduced the deficit,  but has increased them faster. I understand that increased Fed. spending will boost the economy and increase tax revenue but not enough to cover the spending.

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I understand that the tax cuts have caused higher deficits. I understand that increasing Fed. spending at the same time as cutting taxes has NEVER reduced the deficit,  but has increased them faster. I understand that increased Fed. spending will boost the economy and increase tax revenue but not enough to cover the spending.

Replace “understand” with believe.

The problem is spending, not tax cuts.  

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Replace “understand” with believe.

The problem is spending, not tax cuts.  

Name 1 time in the last 50 years that taxes were cut that the deficit didn't rise.

Spending is the problem, it is also one of the reasons the GDP is as high as it is.

Trump cut taxes and increased spending, the deficit is growing by about 1 billion per day.  1 billion a day despite the fact everyone is making so much money, the economy is so strong companies are swimming in profits.  The fact that we aren't spending near as much on the ME wars like before and yet the deficit is exploding.   

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 1jkw said:

:lmao:

On 4/27/2019 at 9:01 AM, DriftBusta said:

You guys really need to lose that narrative, given we were all told that the sky would fall if Teump got elected.  Paul Krugman comes to mind.  So lets not be giving The wrong guy credit for why 27 months in, unemployment levels are so low, consumer confidence is so high , most any metric you want to cite including growth of the gdp, is so strong.  Btw, His approval ratings are doing pretty well give the 94% negative media coverage.  

Here's a fact, the unemployment rate in November 2016 was 4.3% and in March of 2018 it was 3.5%, again a tailwind economy.

I think the real reason his numbers haven't climbed above 50% is because he talks like an asshole alot of the time, but I could be wrong with that assumption.

Labor stats:  https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000024

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Here's a fact, the unemployment rate in November 2016 was 4.3% and in March of 2018 it was 3.5%, again a tailwind economy.

I think the real reason his numbers haven't climbed above 50% is because he talks like an asshole alot of the time, but I could be wrong with that assumption.

Labor stats:  https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000024

I don't give a rats ass if Manson and Kuklinsky are at the helm , as long as we can keep this shit rollin for a little while  !!!!!!!!111   :bc: