Check your account email address ×

Typical Bernie voter.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Snake said:

She can sell ad space on her nose and forehead.

I bet she doesn't squat when she pisses, just to show the patriarchy.

Sad part is when you look at ave salary top 25% in that field make almost $100K.   How is it even possible to get $226K in tuition debt in 4 years.   Who in their right minds allows these fucking ridiculous loans.    If she simply went to a state or lower cost private school she should be no more than $100K in debt.   Kind of a rule of thumb for students.   Don't get in debt more than a typical graduate would make.   I simply can't feel sorry for these people and the thought of ANYONE thinking taxpayers should pick up the tab is disgusting.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Sad part is when you look at ave salary top 25% in that field make almost $100K.   How is it even possible to get $226K in tuition debt in 4 years.   Who in their right minds allows these fucking ridiculous loans.    If she simply went to a state or lower cost private school she should be no more than $100K in debt.   Kind of a rule of thumb for students.   Don't get in debt more than a typical graduate would make.   I simply can't feel sorry for these people and the thought of ANYONE thinking taxpayers should pick up the tab is disgusting.  

I remember how tight things were when I first started working. Can’t even imagine having 226k in debt and trying to pay that off. Nuts.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My boy Keith's wife racked up $110k, going to college 4 years straight (equivelent to 6 years).  Pharmacist. She walked out with a job paying $105k per year, and she has moved 3 times to jobs paying more and offering more perks. She's up to $120k now...

Just now, Edmo said:

I remember how tight things were when I first started working. Can’t even imagine having 226k in debt and trying to pay that off. Nuts.

We don't need college to be picked up by the taxpayers we just need some common fucking sense in what kids can and cannot borrow.   It can't be a hard limit for everyone as doctors obviously will need to take on much more debt.

It also goes beyond college to what these people are allowed to borrow AFTER until student loans are paid off.   My accountant was telling me a few weeks ago he has doctors that are clients that have massive student loans and right out of college take on massive mortgages and auto loans.   These people are suppose to be smart.  :wall:

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

My boy Keith's wife racked up $110k, going to college 4 years straight (equivelent to 6 years).  Pharmacist. She walked out with a job paying $105k per year, and she has moved 3 times to jobs paying more and offering more perks. She's up to $120k now...

My oldest will graduate in the next few weeks with a ME degree.   Finished in 4.   One thing we loved about his school was how hard they push to get kids out in 4 years.   The state schools had no concern.   The head of the dept said which is true.   A year extra would cost him around $125K extra for loss of wages and extra tuition.  Think about that for a kid over the next 40 years of their working life.  That can add up to couple million $'s by the time they retire.  

Higher education in many instances is setting our kids up to fail.   

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

My oldest will graduate in the next few weeks with a ME degree.   Finished in 4.   One thing we loved about his school was how hard they push to get kids out in 4 years.   The state schools had no concern.   The head of the dept said which is true.   A year extra would cost him around $125K extra for loss of wages and extra tuition.  Think about that for a kid over the next 40 years of their working life.  That can add up to couple million $'s by the time they retire.  

She went out of State to a private school. No-fucking-brainer.

43 minutes ago, oleroule said:

we just need legislators that say no to using taxpayer dollars to pay for their loans.

Left: Lending institutions are responsible lending people too much money for homes.

Also the Left: The govt has no right to say how much a kid should be able to borrow for college......from us. 

:lol:    

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Because college has now become another scam designed to make money for people in the profession.

• Thanks 1

Just now, racer254 said:

Because college has now become another scam designed to make money for people in the profession.

Just one small part of it.  

The whole "free college" sounds great and really there should be an easier path to a better educated populace. But at these prices for the tax payer to pick that up is just not even possible. I wish someone would address the real issue here and talk about why college is so expensive in the first place and what we could do about that. At least for state schools that take tax payer money.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

The whole "free college" sounds great and really there should be an easier path to a better educated populace. But at these prices for the tax payer to pick that up is just not even possible. I wish someone would address the real issue here and talk about why college is so expensive in the first place and what we could do about that. At least for state schools that take tax payer money.

Total govt spending in higher education is already around $150 billion a year.   :wall:

That's over $9000 per student.  

Typical failure of govt not addressing the problems in what we already spend but look to simply spend more. 

https://fee.org/articles/government-spending-on-education-is-higher-than-ever-and-for-what/

She's an example of why there needs to be a price for college.  that degree has limited job openings and instead fo goign to an expensive school she should have gone somewhere cheaper.  I told my kids straight up there was no way going to a 50k a year school was worth it.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

She's an example of why there needs to be a price for college.  that degree has limited job openings and instead fo goign to an expensive school she should have gone somewhere cheaper.  I told my kids straight up there was no way going to a 50k a year school was worth it.  

Alot of these kids just want to go to "XYZ" school for whatever reason. My neice had nearly a full ride at a local catholic college with an excellent reputation for her field. She went there for 1 year and then wanted to transfer out to Arizona State because that is a cool party school. 11 years later she still doesnt have her degree... 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

She is an example of a waste of money, time, and education just to get some piece of paper that will never mean anything more than to say she went to college.....that's all she is.

Edited by racer254

My daughter pays $1200/mo on her loans.  All through a community college. She now has a flourishing business from her home  pulling down $13k/mo with very little overhead. I’m sold on community colleges. So is she. Proud of her. She’s voting for Bernie. :lol: 

Edited by spin_dry

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

My daughter pays $1200/mo on her loans.  All through a community college. She now has a flourishing business from her home  pulling down $13k/mo with very little overhead. I’m sold on community colleges. So is she. Proud of her. She’s voting for Bernie. :lol: 

Can you prove that her community college education was needed to run her business from home?

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Can you prove that her community college education was needed to run her business from home?

She’s required to have the minimum of a master’s degree to run a state certified pre school with curriculum in Minnesota. So yes. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

She’s required to have the minimum of a master’s degree to run a state certified pre school with curriculum in Minnesota. So yes. 

thats an insane requirement of the state.  could easily run it with a 2 year CC degree.  

• Thanks 1